FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
ARE THERE ANY SCRT10 LOVERS OUT THERE!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: ARE THERE ANY SCRT10 LOVERS OUT THERE!! Reply with quote

I see the HYPER guys talke with each other but were are the JAMMIN guys?????
I've posted here and no one responds i guess this truck is so good no one need help. IF YOU LOVE YOUR SCRT10 LET US KNOW! Thanks JAMMIN JAY FOR AN AWSOME TRUCK!!!
tschenck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just raced mine for the first time this weekend. Ran basically Chads setup and really liked it. At the end of the day I just put my slash 4x4 on the shelf at the lhs for sale.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great way to start. I'm running out of the box stock. Having a great time. Raced this last weekend and was p3 in a field of 11 and managed to take myself out... Truck ran well the winner was also running a SCRT10 second was a HYPER 10.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

got hame about 3 am this morning. had a good weekend ended up in the b main and came in 5 out of 10 in the b with my rc8e. i saw some guys do some driving with rc cars that i never though possible. but i did have good luck with the ole hyper no breakage. but all 4 of my drive shafts are bent like mad.. and i do have the limiters on the shocks. anyway who cares the hyper is going on ebay asap.. i finally got the jammin coming. it should be here wednesday.
on another note the hyper shined for sure 7slash 4x4s one jammin and 2 hypers in the main i ended up pulling off a second which is cool by me the winner was my buddy with his slash 4x4.. i wasnt far behind him for sure hes been racing for a long time .in reailty this was only my second real race and the other one was a club race so. im happy for sure. i did not even expect to do anything and came home with a plaque. and some points in the series so cool
the novak ran perfect no problems im really pumped about the scrt coming in. i ran the stock tires in practice and they were way slippery. i ended up going with the bowties they worked great. the track ended up blue groove by the end of the day.. and the stockers just couldnt get any bite.. well i guess ill be talking to you on this side now haha

thanks for all you help
corey
T-Bone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Good. We went for a little run time today and my Jammin was flying. I put the 17t on the 4.5 and OMG!!!! It did get a little warmer 150 deg but ran like a rocket. I let an old friend drive it and he went too fast over one jump and right into the wall... bummer broke the rear hub carrier and dislodged the dog bone. Could have been worse. I had to order some today diden't have any spares. The hyper 10sc is still taking all the punishment we can give it. To keep the rear dogbones fron bending just cut a small pice of fuel tubing and put it in the out drive on the diff and that will stop the binding. It's better the limiters. Good to have you abord. We now have one more Jammin at our local track. I did use my new tires and wheels and they worked well. I still like the stock tires too. Good luck at the next race.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We raced this weekend and all went well. Had a rought time with a lot of bashing and took P3 once again. My son poped a cup and finished 8th but was running in 4th before a bad landing. I, however took the WIN!!! 3rd weekend in a row that a SCRT10 took the WIN. there were 4 more kits sold last week. Hope you got yours. Having too much fun with this truck... GO JAMMIN!!!
alkyt4

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey hows it going i know its been a while been busy we actually did pretty good at the first round of the larc race i got second place with the hyper there wer 14 entries in 4x4 open corr. the jammin was due to arrive the next tuesday after the race. well i got it and i love it i noticed it has a 46 tooth spur instead of the 42 like the hyper and i noticed i am seeing a little more motor temp now im gonna try it with the 17 first see what happens i bought a set of split six with the calipers m3. everything else is stock. whats up with the stock wheels might as well keep them at the factory.. there kinda small and the body is useless with any other wheels besides stock oh well i dont care i slapped a blitz body on there prepainted just yanked all the hpi stickers off looks pretty cool now plent of clearance on the wheels even with the wide offset 4x4 slash wheels im gonna run it tomorrow for the first time on the track at my buddys place ill let you know how it goes oh yea picked up a associated 1015 servo for it and noticed on the mamba it was default at 5.5 volts on the bec extra half a volt does make adifference i bumped it up to 6 now the servo is at ludacris speed
T-Bone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock tiers are pritty go. I only changed because our track is rock hard and i was at a disadvantage. I'm still using the stock body. I moved the body post up to max hight and it works great. With my DX3R i'm putting out 7 volts to my hight tech servo and WOW! it is quick. Iwill be putting a proline chevy body on it next. Proline bodys are a lot stronger. Good luck!
alkyt4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all i can say is wow the jammin is awesome i ran pretty much nonstop from about 12 lunch to 2 am and not a single problem towards the end of the night ours racing skills turned to bashing and still no troubles.. every other run my friends were breaking something on the slash 4x4s one of em burnt a two week old lrp 1/8 motor. the other one kept on losing bearings on the slash.. there rear axles keep bending and misc bearings just keep locking up.. i ran my calipers and loved them cant wait to do a little tweaking and this thing will really shine..
what about the losi bb shock setup what do you think. i already have the shocks just contemplating.. the front stock shocks seem to have little travel. but hey they worked great just looking for an upgrade..
matts74

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: shock upgrade Reply with quote

If the shocks worked well for you, I'd leave them. The losi shocks are bigger and heavier. They are very close to the arm, and you have to use a 3mm upgraded shock tower to fit them (along with plastic shock caps).

If you really want an upgrade, lots of people are having good luck with the rear shocks, same 50wt losi oil, and white springs. You still need the taller shock tower from snr or where ever it is.

Good luck.

Matt
T-Bone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with matts. I would only change shock oils and pistons if needed. I find the stock shock to be very efficent. I will how ever start changing the diff oils next. Going to 3k,3k,1k and see how that works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: