FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
got my new hyper what about running 1/8 escs and motors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! I raced last Saturday and qualified p3 for A main and took myself out in the first corner... the winner of the race ran a JAMMIN and second was a HYPER 10. I'm having too much fun to be mad at myself. My son was doing well untill he broke the camber link on the right upper arm. I have parts so no worries. FYI if you don't have it yet you might check on getting a set of the front pillow block carriers. We broke one this weekend also. Driver era. Glad you got everything working. When i regeared my truck came alive.Still having a little switch problem but i think i got that taken care of now.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i moved my rear shocks in on the hyper on the lower arm seemed to help my steering i think i need to dial out a little brake wants to nose wheelie sometimes in the corners. what setting are you running the smartsense or the sensor only and what are you running your timing at? i ran my truck a little today at work man i forgot how great the mamba was
T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still running out side on lower and middle on lower on the upper. i'm using basic settings on program and 60% breaks. Seems to be working well so far. I run the sensor mode on program.I love my MMP's!!!!
alkyt4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ran a little this weekend broke another rear arm ive gotten to the point where im anticipating on buying som many parts i said oh well and just ordered another whole truck it should be here wednesday. 214 shipped from tower. we are going to take off of work friday and make a haul down to watson la. for the first points race of the season cant wait. at least ill have enough spares i hope oh yeah when the arm went it took the cvd too bent it pretty good i straightened it out and on the next run the wheel flew off snapped right behind the threads on the wheel nut oh well im still loving it my buddy bought the mmp and the 5.5 for his slash 4x4 hes running three s im running 2s they cant beileve im still pulling on em in the straights crazy
T-Bone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why your breaking the rear arms but as you get better with the truck you will see fewer parts breaking. I always say if your not breaking then your not going fast. HAha!! We did break the front upper arm. That was ok because they were the old style arm and the kit came with the upgrade ones so on they went. I shook down my SCRT10 today and it ran very well. I have a set of split six wheels and M3 calabers going on them. Now we will see what the truck will do. I'm also going to order the pro line bead lock (2715-04) wheels so no more glueing tires!!! YEA!!! Good luck this coming weeking.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im stressing now i orderd a whole new truck from tower on sat not gonna be here till next tuesday well i should be ok ive got everything except a rear left arm i still have hope for nitro house i placed the order sunday maybe it will be here tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed. i really found the bowties had almost too much grip i couldnt get the back end to slide around i tried some stock slash 4x4 tires off the platinum i really liked them just a little too loose ended up with the stockers back on and wow seemed like a perfect mix
T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll tell you the stock tire are not too bad. If you haven't already, take them out on some rough concrete or asphalt and run the truck hard stopping and starting and you will see the next time out the grip will be much better. I ordered a rear bumper for my jammin and Nitro House has already shipped it. Not sure why you can't get yours any quicker? What part of the country are you located? I'm in Texas and from the west coast it's a 3 to 4 day ground delivery. If i pay the next day i get the next day. Ohoo i do have it sent to my shop in Dallas not my house. This may make a differance. Good Luck at the race!! When in doubt power out!! BTW i got my HAVOC PRO back. It's new but i'm not sure if i want to run it anymore. I may sell it.... we will see.LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: