FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
got my new hyper what about running 1/8 escs and motors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

alkyt4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap i just finally ran the hv 4.5 with the havoc pro in the front yard it would blow away my 5700 castle i had before. i never thought sensored motor would make so much difference.. i took out the drag brake and added reverse. thats all i did what throttle profile did you find worked the best.. it is ultra smooth and i actullaly pulled a wheelie a couple times going from the grass to the road.. wow i hope the esc holds up i love this thing after 5 minutes. oh i was running the 14 tooth with a reedy 7 volts 20 c the older ones not the high 35c ones.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaHa!!! i had the same reaction the first time i ran it. Just got the new bumper pice. Totaly diffrent. We findly bent the rear shock tower. I ordered the 5mm to see if it will help. My son liked the ballistic but when he ran the HV5.5 i saw a BIG GREN the smoth power is why everyone likes them. The only thing i hear bad about this motor is you might spin the shaft. No worry theres a fix, Sofar the 5.5 has been solid.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didnt get to run it at the track this past weekend had to spend some time with the misses. were gonna run this weekend i ordered some m3 bowties on split six beadlocks gonna run the stockers first with the hv then try the bowties after.. i ordered rims to fit the front of the slash 2wd seems like i read here somewhere these are the right offset for the hyper. any idea on this hopefully i ordered the right ones. im still running the 14t on the 4.5 ill try to go up a little after i put some real run time on it and watch the temp.. one thing i noticed the reverse kinda sucks on the novak esc sometimes it did not even want to back up no telling im gonna recalibrate it and see what happens.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check on the tires not sure witch ones. Let me know how you like the split bead locks. i'm going to buy a set for my JAMMIN. I like the HYPER wheels and most after market tires already fit so i will get a set for my HYPER and calipers tires to go with them. If your racing you truck take out reverse. the best way to break your truck is when you back up on the track. The HAVOC dose have some problems with reverse.Got myMMP back today. Brand new. Also you will need to figure out some way of keeping the fan on the ESC it will get knocked off. Sorry to tell you this after you got it. Any way good luck this weekend.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im planning on ordering the mmp as soon as tower has them back in stock so i just have to put up with the novak for a few weekends i hope it hangs in there for a little while.. ill probably pass it on to a friend for free or one of the youngs un who hang at the track there always flipping for us
T-Bone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be good!! I do like the way you can adjust the MMP by the soaftweare program you download. Alot more flexabilty. When my HAVOC comes back i will still use it until it blows up again and then its trash...HaHA!! i realy hope it holds together.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a mmp i traded a sidewinder and 2 sets of 1/8 buggy tires for it im wondering about the wiring to the motor can you tell me what colors you have on what post say from left to right looking at the back of the motor can.. ive always been a mamba guy im just not patient and when i bout the hv they were still out of stock ill find a home for the havoc or just ebay it..
T-Bone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll let you know today. the MMP has A,B,C and that should match up on the motor. Also be careful with the sensor wire from motor it should be oppsite the way that it pluged into the HAVOC. Now you will unleash the BEAST with total control. Make sure you have the castle link. this will help fine tune the system. [/i]
alkyt4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got the castle link setup ive got a mamba max and 2 mamba monsters now. thanks for all the help i really appreciate it i was hoping to meet up with him today to get the mmp but it just didnt work out imay have to havoc it for the weekend. oh well i guess i will at least get some use out of it haha. thanks corey
T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. I put mine back together and ran the 4.5 and it shut off wile running. i guess not enough gear??? The temp on the motor was 125 and the ESC was 123?? The tech with CASTLE Said it is hard to temp the unit right because of where the sensor is in side. i used a 13t i'm going to a 15t just to see if motor temp comes up and ESC go's down. Any way WOW!!! even with the wrong gear it ran fast. no problem with any jump. A small squeez of the trigger and off we go. I'll let you know how it goes. The 4.5 may take me a little wile to find sweet spot for our small track.
alkyt4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my bow ties in today with the split six wheels i measured the offset using two small rulers or scales is what i call em i measured all the down into the hex and i got. 20mm on the slash front wheels which is what i ordered 2 sets. the hyper stock wheel measured 24mm so im now about 8 millimeters wider front and rear. i have the ofna body on it and i still have plent clearance. i also weighed both combos and the hyper came in at 117 grams and the bowties on split six came in at 142 grams so i gained 100 grams of weight. i read some where to move the rear shocks to the inside hole to get more steering. im gonna run the bowties before i change anything else..
i should have the mmp saturday ill prob just run the havoc for the day.
my buddys track is a small tight setup too we were all running sc10s and slashes for a while just seemed like the sc10 turned alot better than the hyper.
just thought you might be interested in the tire info
T-Bone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good. When i talked to DJ from Ofna he gave me a new set up to take out some of the push. How ever I'll try it first to see how well it works. I hate to tell you this but my Jammin turns very well. Almost like a 10th scale truck should. Well almost...it has more power to lay down off the corners. I just put the 5mm rear shock tower on the hyper today. Looks GOOOOD. We will see how it holds up. Going to gear down tomorrow (on the SCRT10 w/ HV4.5) to a 11t and see how it works.
I'll keep you up dated on the results.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went up not down and what a diffrence. the ESC was 105 and the HV4.5 98. Funny how these motors work. Next test the Hyper 19t and the Jammin 17t. With the 15t today it ran very well. Never fear just add gear!!!
alkyt4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ran the havoc yesterday hated it wouldnt go in reverse half the time seemed like in the straights it would stop pulling sometimes. well pulled it out put the mmp in and nothing i could get it to calibrate forward no neutral or reverse. so i pulled out the field program card check all the setting still no motor just steering.. well i know you said something about the sensor plug being opposite i just couldnt see jamming it in upside down do i need to switch the wires in the plug? please help i need my mamba back thanks corey
alkyt4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohooo got it working updated the firmware recalibrated sooooo much better the havoc pro. its going on fleabay tomorrow what a pile..... the mamba is way better by far no comparison cant wait to get back to the track 2 weeks till our points series starts larc only one more practice weekend to get the bugs out i have been having so much fun with it dont even know if i want to run my 1/8 electric rc8 this year thanks again
corey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: