FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
BLAZER NEWBIE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Blazer SST
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MeltDown33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: BLAZER NEWBIE Reply with quote

I just Purcahsed the Blazer SST RTR Kit. I have not run it yet due to being so cold out where i live.. Just wondering If any Blazer owners had any tips on mantaince and performance for a first time nitro owner.And If i should replace any stock parts right away, the only thing i have ordered so far is the Jp2 pipe. A couple of my buddys also picked up Nitro Trucks, Traxxas Jato, Duratrek Warhead, Hpi 2 Nitro. I hope the Blazer will hold it own against them
RiggersssBack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melt,
well as i had posted in the general ofna section on this board,i have the old 10+ year-old blazer sst with the silver aluminum chassis.I am not sure of the newer blazer but i do think it uses the proven ultra chassis setup.
The original blazer sux* in my opinion and the chassis would flex so bad that i would strip spur gears really bad off of jumps..the suspension had way many flaws..it was\is a wannabe monster truck and a delicate stadium truck-at best...i back ordered the traxxas revo3.3 last week..cant wait.The blazer still runs but i am thinking that if i dont sell it,it will soon see the trash can-minus the engine{nova rossi 8-port} and radio system{futaba pcm fm1024}
Tim
RiggersssBack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh-and i seriously doubt the blazer with hold close to the new revo-soon to be released.but you may hold close to the older traxxas units..the power output of the new engine is that of a .21..in a 1\10 scale setup with a 2 speed tranny
Good Luck!
MeltDown33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply riggersss, i do have the newer Blazer SST. I have gone through the first three tanks, so far no problems. knock on wood. I am a little worried about the purchase there seems to be alot of negative reviews about the blazer SST but who knows it might be a great machine.
socalbash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riggerssback - please dont compare your old ULTRA based chassis blazer to this guys Blazer SST based on the 9.5 series buggy. its gearing is way different than yours and the chassis is 10x better overall.

It will run with any revo or savage Ive seen .. until a suspension component gives out ... but until then the Blazer SST kicks but. It was the first realistic truggy disgusied as a monster truck :-)

Blazers when they GROW UP :

MeltDown33

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dang SocalBash that blazer looks amazing! looks like mine but on steriods, LOL. did u replace alot of the factory parts that came with it? so far i have only got A Jp2 pipe for mine.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "old school" Monster Blazer is still waiting for the young'ns to catch up.
socalbash

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh Motion - u slay me.

Catch up to the KingPin Suspension?

Or catch up to you at the ATM on your way to the hobby shop for more steering knuckles and CVA's :-)

Just given ya a ration dude...
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pss, quiet,,,,,,,,,,,, can you hear that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Blazer SST All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: