FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Traxxas VXL & Castle Sidewinder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Brushless Motors & ESC Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cainam

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Traxxas VXL & Castle Sidewinder Reply with quote

I've been using the Traxxas VXL motor & Castle Sidewinder ESC in everything I own for a while now, and it seems to be a very good combination. The big advantage with the motor is the can is 550 size, not 540 like most others. That translates to lots and lots of torque. I know it is only 3500Kv, but you make up for the low R.P.M. with a few more teeth on the pinion.

The reason I like the Sidewinder ESC is simple - it is 90% of a MMP, for 50% of the price. Other ESCs do let you run sensored motors, but since I use the VXL, that isn't a feature I need. It is still fully programible with a computer, and it works well.

Bear in mind that in a heavier short course or 4WD vehicle, running 3s can start to get things a bit warm if you don't watch the gearing, but for 2s, the combo is pretty sweet.

I just got back from the first race I entered with my new 10SC, and the truck was easily the fastest thing on the track in a straight line. Most other people were running aa Castle 5700 motor, and the VXL easily had more power. My driving, well. . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Brushless Motors & ESC Info All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: