FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Help, new to Hyper ST Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

nexxus1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Help, new to Hyper ST Pro Reply with quote

Hey guys I just picked upa Hyper ST Pro but it for some reason has no manual, can I download one as I am keen to get this goin!
jonski

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never find one to download either...I do have 2, if you pay the postage if could send you one.
nexxus1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I must say so far I am disappointed as hell with this thing, can't find a manual online anywhere, and first run stripped a front wheel hex, the stock wheelnuts have no serrated edge to grip into the wheel and seem to back out no matter how tightly you make it. The back end really sags, and on take off even with 30k oil in the spider diff, the front wheels unload and balloon.

...that's if I can run for more than 3 minutes without a problem.
H9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stick with it, its a great truggy - although getting dated now.
I was going to scan my manual and post it up, not sure why Hobao don't have it on their site - I'll do it tomorrow.

Never had a stripped hex in three years of ownership - have cracked one though! I don't use serrated nuts either, but I check my wheelnuts before every race (buggy as well).

Saggy back end - what oil have you got in the shocks? I found heavy works good for me, I've got 50wt in the rear from memory and 60 up front.

Diffs - I was running 20,000 / 30,000 / 3,000 in the standard ST diffs. I forget what I ended up putting in the center spider when I swapped to the ST Pro.

You're not running a 28 motor in it by any chance? That'll make the front unload and balloon on any truggy! Main reason why so many gave up on it and went back to the 21 motors.... too much for a race track environment IMHO...
Casketman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballooning front tires will happen on any car. Truck or buggy. Only basic ways to keep that from happening is to go easy on the throttle or just thicken up the diffs.

Yeah the saggy rear end is a product of low rate of shock oil. The rear is normally thinner then the front but that does not mean the rear should be dragging.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although, I no longer run the Hyper ST, I found it to be EXTREMELY durable and a GREAT Truggy. Actually never broke anything in it's almost 2 years of racing.

The last time I raced it ( Saturday after Christmas 09 ), I had 40wt front shocks and 50wt rear shocks with no sag. Preloads were set for the rear to be slightly above level.

My diffs were 7F/10C/3R running a Nova .21. I did run the Hyper with the same diff setup with a .26 engine and didn't notice any unusual front tire ballooning.

I have the manual in PDF format and will upload it to the Web this morning for you. Will post the URL when I get that done.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Hyper ST Pro Manual:

Hyper ST Pro Manual
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: