FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
carb questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

yankees61

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:13 pm    Post subject: carb questions Reply with quote

how inportant is it to not adj the carb screw they tell you not to on a force.26???? once i have the car running every time i hit the brake the car dies. i understand why it dies, and cannot get everything adjusted right. any ideas???
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you need to adjust the idle screw to keep the carb open to 1mm at full brake. If the carb closes all the way the engine will die. The screw they tell you to not touch is the mid range needle and will not do what you described, but still do not touch it. The mid range needle has a hole in it, and it needs to be lined up in the middle of the HSN hole. To adjust it properly, you pull the whole HSN housing and then line the whole up with the center of the HSN opening. Adjustment to the MSN should only be done by advanced users.
yankees61

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GOT IT FIGUERED OUT. FOR SOME REASON THE GROOVED OUT PORTION OF THE CARB SLIDE WAS 180 DEG OFF. NO WONDER WHY IT WOULD NOT RUN FOR CRAP. NOT SURE HOW THIS HAPPNED. I JUST BOUGHT THE THING NEW ABOUT A WEEK AGO. NOT INSTALLED RIGHT FROM THE FACTORY????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: