FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Looking for help on the electronics omn my new hypersc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

newscracer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Looking for help on the electronics omn my new hypersc Reply with quote

Ok first i have to tell you im really excited on the new short course trucks ive been watching dj on ustream over and over and over.Looking to learn as much as i can about the truck and the show is great very good idea.I have to admitt i was gonna run all a.e stuff this year for racing,thx to dj and ustream ive decided ofna is the way to go awsome program going on ther very informed on the truck im buying but i still have some ??s.Im looking to buy 2 trucks and looking to get sdome cheaper electronics to start with.Im pretty sure im gonna be running the novak 5.5 or 6.5.I wanna know if theres a good turnigy speed control that can handle the novak 5.5 and if you could tell me which one to use also whyich east run motor do u suggest.Im gonna be running 13-15 tooth pinions that i know and for batteries for now im gonna run 30c 5200s from turnigy cause they only cost around 25 bucks.I really need help with which speed control i can run the novak 5.5 on tho cause i dont have 300 bucks for speed control and motor since im buying 2 trucks.Also im going futaba radio system and which servo is a good choice and will get the job done im looking to spend around 30-60 on the servo.And one more thing the traxxas guys make it out there to race with u guys yet or are they scared ??
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome abord. Hope you get some other people to respond. I just put my Son's Hyper 10sc together and it run GREAT! We shook it down this last Sunday and only had a few issues. We used a havoc pro ESC and a 6.5 ballistic motor. I know that the HV motors are what a lot of people are using but the ballistic worked great. you can buy the system for around $200.00. i used the stock 11t and stock spur and it temped 129 deg on motor and 126 deg on ESC. We still have room to work with on gearing. Make sure you put a fan and heat sink on your motor. Good luck!
newscracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: HOW ABOUT A 4800 KV OUT OF A SPEED-T Reply with quote

I HAVE A LOSI SPEED-T SITTING AROUND THJAT NEEDS A NEW CHASSIS,IM WONDERING HOW THAT WOULD PERFORM IN THE TRUCK I COULD SAVE MYSELF SOME MO0NEY AND BUY A FEW MORE MOTORS WONDER IF THE HV MOTORS WILL WORK ON THAT SPEED CONTROL.I AM SO EXCITED AND CANT WAIT TAXES GETTING DONE TOMM MORNING AND ILL BE LOVING LIFE WHEN I HIT THE HOBBY SHOP GONNA BE A LONG HOUR RIDE TO GET THERE ITS GONNA SEEM LIKE FOREVER.
STILL WONDERING ABOUT WHAT FUTABA SERVOS TO PURCHASE?
IM GONNA START AT 12T FOR GEARING AND TRY TO WQORK MY WAY UP TO 14 SEE HOW TEMPS ARE BUT IM NEW TO THE BRUSHLESS SCENE,ILL NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME IF THE XCELEIRON SPEEDO I HAVE WILL WORK.
ALSO WHAT KIND OF FAN COULD I USE ON THE MOTOR ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHERE TO GET A FAN TO RIDE ON MOTOR.I WAS THINKING OF EVEN BUYING A EXTRA BODY FOR BASHING AND ACTUALLY MOUNTING 2 WORKING FANS WHERE THEY GO ON THE BODY FOR LOOKS AND ALSO INSTALLING SOME LIGHTS.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the HV motors will work with most ESC that are sensor based. I have a MMP in my SCRT10 now and just got my HV 5.5 today. Yea!!!! i'll let you know how it works. Check your specs on the Losi system and see if it will work on sensored motors. If not new ESC will be needed. Novak said that The havoc pro and GTB ESC will work on the HV motor. Ofna says and 10th scale ESC should work. If you dont already have a motor the Ballistic works very well. The SCRT10 will work well with a 4.5 and the stock pinion 13t. If my Jammin works as well as my Son Hyper 10 i'm going to be a very happy fellow.
T-Bone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry as far as fans go there are several out there that you can try. So far the HV motors only need the heat sinks. It's the 10th scale motors that need extra fan .the ESC is always good to put a fan on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: