FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Finally broke something...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Waldog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Finally broke something... Reply with quote

Well after two months of hard driving, I finally broke something.

It was bound to happen... LOL Rear low A-arm broke right at the molding seam and ripped off the pin.

I think it was because my buddies eRevo landed on it, but still it took a while to happen and I'm really impressed.

Over at the Traxxas forums it seems like the 4x4 doesn't even get a pack through it and it's done in most cases. Yeah, I've been lurking over there. Not much happens over here, but that's probably because you are all out running your OFNA's. LMAO!!!

I'm really glad I didn't buy one, Slash 4x4 that is.

Anyways, I ordered a bunch of stuff from NitroHouse. What is the usual turn around time?

I'm hoping soon as I want to beat up on my buddies at his back yard track soon.

Anyone else break anything on theirs? Just wondering so I can order some spare stuff.

I noticed the bulkheads look like they are stress cracking, so I ordered one of those in case it actually goes on me.

Cheers.
quarterpastgone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have one of the best turn around times. Atleast from the companies that i deal with.
greenmachine77

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: breakin Stuff Reply with quote

G'day mate, I have 2 x SC10's. 1 for racing and 1 for bashin. I have broken a few front top arms, 1 x pillowball hub, 1 x lower suspension arms. I accredit all of these breakages to my poor driving and relentless quest to to see which bits break and use this to setup my race truck. The only thing i can pick on is i have changed the front sterring rod balls to ones with a thread for a screw to allow the arm to pop when you cop a hit but not completlely come off. I have to say OFNA have got the double thumbs up from me for this awesome truck straight out of the box.

SPECS
Basher
motor: 10t 3500kv velineon brushless
ESC: Traxxas VXL3-s Velineon brushless
Battery: trakkpower 11.1v 5000mah 30c 3cell
OR Venom 11.1v 4000mah 30c 3 cell
servo: 14.7kg acer digital
Pinion Gear: 13t
Spur Gear: Stock

Racer
motor 10t 3500kv velineon brushless
ESC: V2 Venom
Battery: 2 x Turnigy 5000mah 7.4v 30c run in series approx 30mins of runtime with no heat issues
Pinion Gear: 14t
boone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: breakin Stuff Reply with quote

greenmachine77 wrote:

Racer
motor 10t 3500kv velineon brushless
ESC: V2 Venom
Battery: 2 x Turnigy 5000mah 7.4v 30c run in series approx 30mins of runtime with no heat issues
Pinion Gear: 14t

Uhhh. do you mean batteries in parallel?? Series would give 14.8V and 5000mah and I cant imagine 30 minutes from a 5000mah batt.

Motor temps ok with the 14T??
greenmachine77

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Hyper SC10 Reply with quote

LOL, yeah sorry in parrallell. I'm still a bit new to this electric side of thngs. And the only time i have heat issues with the 14t pinion is when i try and run 2 11.1v one after the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: