FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
new build of a st
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: new build of a st Reply with quote

ok it might take a while as im in no rush to build this car ive got till summer .....so i thought i would take pics and explain what ive put on it along the way ......
anyway ....the new lightweight chassis i just bought ....the edges are alot sharper than the original chassis and has had weight trimmed off the sides aswell as being milled out .....there is i know it doesnt sound much but 2.5 grams difference between them.....ok 2.5 grams doesnt sound like much but its a start
here is a pic so you can see the difference mainly round the rear and front suspension edges

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww255/darkbee2008/losi/st/17012010301.jpg

just a quick pic of the 2 donor cars .....standard st pro and a hyper 7 pro buggy

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww255/darkbee2008/losi/st/14012010298.jpg

will canabilise parts from both and also use parts from other manufacturers
jonski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you get the chassis? I want one too.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought it on ebay.....from a new st lightweight kit
jonski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you come across another one, let me know.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah not a problem
ok update ...pics will follow ...i have taken a hell of alot of weight off the front suspension .....using hyper 7 parts with the st diff .....
pics will follow when i have fitted it all back into the chassis.....just waiting for some parts to arrive
darkbee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok done abit of work on the car today .....this is how far ive got .....still got alot of other bits to make fit

sorry about the picture quality as i was in a rush ....lol

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww255/darkbee2008/losi/st/23012010307.jpg

ahell of alot of weight has been lost even at this stage ......i have got a friends losi 8 here at the moment which ive stripped the same ammount of gear off it as the st has ....the st seems to be as light as the losi.....so hopefully if i keep going like that it should be a great little truggy

can anyone tell me the best front anti roll bar is for the st as the original one is to thick and i want to put a thinner one on for better cornering
jonski

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, shock are on their way and could you post part numbers or what kits some of the parts you are using. I really like the front end stuff.

Thanks,
Jon
darkbee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great jon ....will look forward to receiving them.....cheers

ok parts
milled out lightweight chassis
front end from a hyper 7 used st lower arms and diff/pinion and for top arms used front hyper 7 inner top arms with hyper 7 rear top arms on the outer (if that makes any sense)
mbx lower outer hinge pins all round
hyper 7 top steering plate (carbon fibre .....now this sits high as the steering will have a gap between the servo saver and chassis pack a washer either side top and bottom ....this takes up the gap of the thick original top plate)
seems to work a treat
hyper 7 pro comes with metal rear hubs so use them if you can
centre diff posts from a hyper 7 ....they are taller than the st ones so you can do away with the centre diff plate
centre diff kyosho st-rr
losi 8 2 brake discs (craddock)
rear chassis brace kyosho st-rr fits really well .....have to drill a hole to bolt to chassis ....wanna get this low so use a knuckle for the chassisbrace to chassis from one on the rear arms from the hyper 7 where it connects onto the rear shock tower (if that makes sense) also get rid of the lump of metal between the chassis brace and the rear shock tower.....its useless lump of pig iron so it dont need to be there
the front brace will be from a kyosho st-rr and might have to use the same principle as the rear(havent fitted that one yet)
rear shock tower from the hyper 7 pro(both shock towers are the cnc ones used on the hyper 7 or 8 pro)

things to do ......fit losi 8 side guards .....very easy to fit ....just line them up and drill the chassis for holes to screw in front needs to be reshaped slighlty to miss the steering
hong nor or in the states called jammin crt fuel tank sits on hyper 7 fuel tank mounts ....perfect hight .....st ones are just to long .....you can cut them down but if you have the mounts spare use them .....drill the holes in the chassis as you want to reposition the tank sitting slightly inward than the usual position
losi 8 radio tray .....will fit ok just remember to turn your servo saver around 180 degrees ......does work ok tried and proven
16mm hong nor /jammin big bores
engine mount wise ....there are plenty on the market just use what ever you like .....i prefer hong nor/jammin quick release mount

so best way and the cheapest is get yourself a hyper 7 and pull it apart
smith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its looking good man I really want to see a pic of the losi radio tray mounted on the chassis because I tryed that and I could not get it to fit.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a case of modifying ....wont fit straight in but looks good and neat when done
darkbee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok update .....been looking at all different sway bars (anti roll bars) as big problem with the st is that they are to damm thick and comprimises the handling .....found some that should fit from a hellfire and they are nice and thin (2mm upwards) unlike the standard st pro that is roughly 4mm
so waiting for those to come through and will fit them when they arrive
jonski

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the ST ones are like 2.8 and 2.3 or 2.5. I don't think they are anywhere near 4mm.
darkbee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok had a measure up and the ones ive got on this pro are close between 3 and 3.5mm on the front .....just to thick for racing....bit of a over judgement there on my part.....lol
jonski

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you able to run a 10 pinion gear with a 43 tooth diff gear? Does it still mesh good? Seems like the mesh would be off. Also, have you tried the O'donnell diff parts yet? It looks like the lightened outdrives would be nice and they have a 43/10 tooth combo.
smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the kyosho ring and pinion its 43t 10t and it fits really well. It loves like the pinion is a little bigger almost the same size as the 11t pinion the ST comes with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: