FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Racing the Hyper ST...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

smith

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the nova .21 and if I was you I would not run that motor it is a great motor but it is not enough motor. I run a Trinity Draked .21 and a Sirio CL7B and I love those motor for the truggy. The Draked .21 is the same thing as the picco evo2 that is one of the best motors you can get hands down. But there are a lot of motors on the market these days and they are all great so good luck picking a motor.
OhioHyperST

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smith wrote:
I have the nova .21 and if I was you I would not run that motor it is a great motor but it is not enough motor. I run a Trinity Draked .21 and a Sirio CL7B and I love those motor for the truggy. The Draked .21 is the same thing as the picco evo2 that is one of the best motors you can get hands down. But there are a lot of motors on the market these days and they are all great so good luck picking a motor.

When A-main said to check out the LRP.28 ($169) it made sense initially because the Hyper ST isn't the lightest truggy on the market and the added punch might be worth it. I'm really looking for a solid engine, good value, at the right price point.

Honestly... $149 for the Novarossi or $169 for the LRP Spec .28 is in the right price point. The pull start is a quicker upgrade since I wouldn't need the bump box to start.
smith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know just what you mean about price range. Out of those to I would go with the Nova it is a better motor for racing. The LRP has just way to much power you would have to tune the motor down by the clutch.
Casketman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many .21 motors can kick out close to the same power(and some more then) a .28 without sucking down the fuel.

Pull starts can pull down the power on a motor. Not by much but its something that will show up if you were to compare a pull start and non pull start on a dyno.

If your going to race more then bash. Then a start box is something you should invest in. They last as long as your in the hobby pretty much and they dont really run all that much cost wise (less then $100)even after you buy batteries for it.

Looking on ebay right now and there is a Ofna truggy starter box for $29.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
smith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I raced my truggy yesterday and I took 5th place in the New Years season opener there was some good racing I put in the kyosho gearing in my truck at it seemed to have a more power down low but it was a good up grade to do.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi there smith .....havent spoke for a while now .....just starting to build another st .....sounds like you are doing well there mate ....i agree with you there kyosho diffs seem alot better than the hyper ones....
smith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man it has been a long time so your going to build another ST sounds good I have been working on mine for a lot time now. I think I am going the bce route I love my ST and im still wanting to do more and I think I will like that setup.
darkbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to get a bce chassis but they take ages to get to the uk.....so ive found a late chassis from an st that has been milled out .....i think they call it the lightened chassis .....so im going to go with that and then do the usual mods ie,kyosho diffs,losi brakes,losi side guards,hong shocks,losi radio tray,x2 fuel tank,kyosho chassis braces,hyper 8 shock towers,hyper 7 steering top plate.....i think thats about it .....lol.... if i think of anything else i will get it done .......
would like to see pics of your mate .....might give me a few ideas
smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a losi radio tray to work I tryed that and could not get it to fit right I would love to see some pics when you get it done. That is going to be a bad truggy when you are done.

I will get up some pics as soon as I can.
Hobao freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some carbon shocktowers , saves a lot of weight
jonski

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the Hyper 7 steering plate? What about Hyper 8 castor blocks?
jonski

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to see some pics and maybe part numbers that you use.
smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hyper 7 steering plate is a lot lighter. The 8 caster plates I dont think they work but I think the hyper 7 toe plates work.
darkbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive got an old hyper 7 pro that i will canabilise for bits and bobs .......so its going to be a mixture of alot of cars to make it up .....but luckily i know what im going to use and what i can get to fit .....but shall take pics through the build .....just waiting a new light weight chassis to turn up and then i can get started ....i would make some carbon fibre shock towers up as i did on my losi 8 but the abuse i give them ....after a while they really dont look pretty .....and im building this truggy to give it alot of abuse on the track.....and i would rather have cnc shock towers on there....sorry but i been there with carbon fibre and done that....lol
darkbee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey smith .....i cant remeber the size of the kyosho spur gear i used on my last st
can you tell me what size are you running and are you running front and rear kyosho diffs
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: