FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ofna Force .28 Is a beast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Ofna Force .28 Is a beast Reply with quote

I have a purple head force 28 that has run thru over 6 gallons of Byron 20% fuel,McCoy #59 plugs on my Jammin X1CR,runs super great,no problems never stalls,low speed is lean so it lopes at idle but never misses a beat.
Last night I decided to pull her off the Jammin to fit it onto my MGT 8.0,the motor mount screw was stripped so I had to remove the rotostart backplate to get the screw out,Needless to say all the screws were froze and now stripped out,one head screw missing
No slack in rod bushing,still has pinch at TDC.....im just really impressed

with that said whats the diffrence between all the other head colors?Why cant i find the purple head engine anywhere?The low end perfoormance is explosive,I been running nitro since the early 90's and i neer had an engine so reliable...except for an O.S. .10 FP,that engine was a long lasting tank too
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the Force engines are the same. Purple head came with Jammin. The newer Jammins will have red heads. Internally they are the same engine.

Hope this helps.
john davis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i like my .28 its in a ultra 1 lx i just got 1.25 gallons through mine it screams. mine also likes the 59 plug
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13 tooth bell is the way to go,its fast off the line,So all the force is the same despite the head color,I was told the head color determined the diffrent specs of the engine.Good to know,I'll be replacing my MacStar .28 with the Force,The Mac is an ok engine but doesnt have the low end like the Force,The Mac has a more powerful mid range.....and thats from experiance and trail and error
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so running 20% Byron fuel,well used condition,would it hurt or help to remove one of the three head shims?
john davis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like my stock force .28 its a power house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: