FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Newby question about engine temp on .28 team turbo engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rooster88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Newby question about engine temp on .28 team turbo engine Reply with quote

So I just got a Picco .28 Team Turbo Engine to put in my Inferno GT2. What temps do I want to run the engine at safely? On the stock engine I was told to 260ish, try to stay under 280*, and never go over 300*. Can anybody please give me those same kind of numbers to run with this new engine I have? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to keep it around 250ish, no need to run over that if you want the engine last. But Keep an eye on smoke and listen to the engine, I use the temp gun just to fine tune or to see where I'm at after tune my engine for my liking.
Rooster88

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! So far I've broken the engine in and just started to lean out the high speed needle. I can tell this thing is gonna be super fast. Plenty of blue smoke is rolling out of the pipe.
Rooster88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, no matter what I do I cant get the high speed needle to find the right spot to run tuned. It sounds like its wanting to be leaned out more but I can turn and turn on that needle and the sound doesnt change.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Idle air gap make sure is about .5 - 1.0mm once you have this done set the idle, look for a steady idle. Once the idle is done, engine and chassis are warm run the car a few times then start lean the HSN, run the car and keep adjusting till you find where you like it, now if you lean the HSN make sure you check the idle if the idle is higher rich the LSN till you get it back to normal. ALways runs the car after each change and do one change at a time. Going back to the Idle air gap, if you have to big of a idle gap that is how much fuel is going in the engine, once you are in WOT it will take a few second to burn, in your case you might have a lot of fuel going in. There is nothing to worry when you are adjusting the needles as long you have a stream of smoke all the time. To finish, make sure the idle gap is good otherwise the whole tune will be out. GL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: