FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
best set up i have had
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

darkbee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: best set up i have had Reply with quote

just have to say .....i used 'nitrohouse's' set up for the hyper st and its the best set up ive ever had ....the truggy handles so well especially through the turns when trying to welly it .....just feals like a different truggy now ......for info see this link
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8739
smith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not ran that setup yet but I am running in the diffs. 5f 7c 2r the center is the spider by the way and this thing drives like its on rails I love this setup I all so run the out side holes all the way around and my truck turns like a gyro.

I all so did the losi side guard and I use the x1crt fuel tank in stead of the x2 and I must say I am loving it. thanks for the tips.
darkbee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad you liked the sideguard and fuel tank mods ......im working on some lighter shock towers at the moment and when ive sorted that out i will send you the info.....
smith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey darkbee

I love the sideguard and the fuel tank, and please let me know about the new mods are you going to be doing carbon fiber shock towers.
darkbee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah hopefully i will be using carbon fibre shock towers and want to use different chassis braces as i think the hyper st ones are abit of an overkill but will keep you posted smith
darkbee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey smith
here is a guy that has already made shock towers and diff brace out of carbon fibre
http://www.maxbashing.com/forum/showthread.php?s=0c107ad4ae3d56e7d0466f4f89e6e231&t=124457&page=13
drop him a line mate he might have a few left ....i have and if i get a set i will pass them onto a mate of mine to make a few copies
smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkbee

Thanks a lot I will give him a shout. let me know how you like them if you get a set. thanks again.
darkbee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey smith
just put my st on a serious diet ....shedding loads of weight .....ive also orderred those carbon fibre shock towers so waiting for them to be made and sent to me ......but as for the rest of it i got rid of the chassis braces front and rear and the center diff brace .....i then put hyper 7 centre diff posts (slightly taller than the originals) on the chassis to compinsate the height of the huge diff brace (i run a kyosho centre diff not a spider diff)....and then put some xray chassis braces that are really light ......will send some pics when i get the shock towers fitted.....
smith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wanting to do the diff change are you running the 52t or something different thanks for all the help please keep me informed.
darkbee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the centre diff im running is a kyosho with a 50 tooth spur and a 13 tooth bell ....the rest of the diffs are standard st .....i find its a bloody good set up for my car
darkbee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey smith
ive been trying all different set ups at my local track and trying to shed some weight off the st ......im still waiting for the carbon fibre shock towers but im not really bothered about them as i took off the diff brace and ground that down as its got alot of excess fat on it .....and i fitted Team Associated RC8 Chassis Brace (REAR) for both ends ......they fit a treat ......the car is not the weight of a tank and with nitrohouse's set up handles really well .....now after all the work done .... i raced it and was well happy as i won the final .....i actually prefer it now to my losi ......so i think its a case now ive got it how i like it and now its all done .....at last!!!!!!!!!!
smith

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you use the rear chassis brace from the rc8 for the front and rear on the truggy

Im glad you have found a good set up Im still playing with mind and im in between motors as I blew both of them up so im saving up for some new one.
motodog

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee did you have to drill holes to get the rc8 or xray braces to fit. i used hyper7 graphite shock towers worked great .need to add 3mm spacer to rear shocks the tower is a little lower but all geometry is same tierods do not change
darkbee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no the rear fitted and lined up perfectly .....the front was a different ball game .....i first used the front chassis brace from a rc8 and it just looked to short ......it does line up with holes already in the chassis ....but wasnt to happy with it as i wanted the front chassis brace to bolt to the centre diff brace like the rear one so i orderred another rear rc8 brace ......now this is slightly to long so i cut it down and rethreaded the end so it met the centre diff brace ....the first pic is the with the front rc8 brace on the car which i thought was to short .......the second pic was with the rear rc8 brace on the car which fitted really well ......

Last edited by darkbee on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
darkbee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: