FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
go 21 7 port turbo predetonation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

wanarace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: go 21 7 port turbo predetonation Reply with quote

i just broke in my first go eng today and im amazed at how much run time it takes for it to come in reminds me of italian mills ive had.
run in went great but post inspection revealed some pitting on the piston
im running trinity 20% and a odonnel 97t plug I preheated before each run and
didnt fell the need to add a shim with 20% . i stayed in a good safe rich tune till 10 tanks and finnaly got it up to 235 . this eng def needs much more run in and i cant decide whether to go to colder plug or just add a shim . realy like this eng and want it to last so your input would be greatly appreciated. also head has no pitting and glow plug looks good.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some italian mills take longer to get loose, I would keep doing what you been doing, keep it a little rich and give him some run time. I heard people talking that the engine came alive after a gallon or 2 of fuel. M2C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: