FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Force 28 now stalling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ZR1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Force 28 now stalling Reply with quote

One of my engines is a force 28, and all of the sudden whenever the truck flips over, it stalls within 5 seconds. It used to run for a good 30-40 seconds. I am aware that the length of the fuel line from the tank to the carb does make a differance, yet is is the same length, nothing has changed. Just now stalls very early.

Thoughts?
Eggbert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check to make sure the integrity of the whole system is good first:

1/ your tank fuel cap is tight when closed, your pressure line is not cut or otherwise leaking, your exhaust system is tight and doesn't leak if "bumped", and your fuel line is not split or cracked, and the tank is not split or cracked.

Next, it may be your tune:

2/ possibly too lean so if the fuel supply varies at all with a roll-over, a slightly more lean mixtrue results and the engine stalls. Possibly the same with being too rich. Tune can change from a dirty air-filter,, leaky exhaust, etc, not just a HSN/LSN adjustment

Last thing I can think of is your engine idle stop screw;

3/ it may need adjustment. Make sure it is limiting the engine idle.....i.e. the carb position shouldn't change when you apply the brakes. And maybe adjust the idle up a bit if the engine idle is close to stalling to begin with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: