FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
jammin crtx2 diff toruble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

toofless

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: jammin crtx2 diff toruble Reply with quote

I recently replaced the entire diff and case pinion and bearings shimmed two and two started slipping on second 5 minute qualifier added one more on ring gear side worked well untill the Bmain after 10 minutes it started slipping again what canI do?
toofless

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

come on guys need input soon pro series this weekend
toofless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

ok guys help me here totally rebult the whole diff case and all the pinion stripped out and only half of the gear was stripped what did I do wrong?
mr hyper 7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your pinion gear stripped? Is the mesh shimmed properly?
toofless

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

what do you use to shim the pinion with?I have the shims for side to side on the diff itself.
SKILLZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put 2 to 3 shims behind the ring gear side of the diff, turn the diff gear to see if it is notchy if it is too tight and will not move you will have to pull one shim out. The diff needs to feel a slight bit notchy when you screw it all back together. After a couple tanks check the diff to see if there is more play that has developed if so take it back apart and add another shim.
This should help, its a lot easier for me to do it in person. I race with a kid that went through 4 ring gears this winter and I kept telling him to bring his truck over and I would shim it, since I shimmed it he hasn't been through any and it has been over 8 months.
Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: