FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper .21 8P modify QUEST
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Streaks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've done some machine work in my time and even still have my table-top lathe and mill units. Hand work is a no brainer for me (love working with metal), so I'll wait until you get some pics up as it helps me if I have something to go by. But I may pull out the sleeve and polish it and the crank if nothing else, that'd be easy.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just got the new engine, a Hyper 8P Pull start non race. I will post the picture before and after mods. Just and FYI if you want to do this pleas practice before in a trash sleeve, steady hand and learn how the tips cut the metal. Its not deficult but take practice. I will post later once I finish the brake in. If you have any questions just drop a line.

This is the stock sleeve - no mods.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3988447623/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989202444/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989203286/

This is the exhaust, DO NOT mod the exhaust.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989202820/

Now this is the Hyper 8P with mods.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989273682/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989274452/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989273836/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3989274040/

This is the bottom of the sleeve smooth out and microfinish as the rest of the sleeve.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/42863383@N04/3988519893/
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt touch the cranshaft, just because the connecting rod didn't get loose from the crankshaft, But the block does not have a restrictor like the race one. According to Hyper this engine should give me 10min.of run time with that as a base looking foward to get more runnin time, let see.

Last edited by VWVR6_T on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Streaks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the stock crank finish enough or do you plan on sanding that a little?

Maybe I should just send you my sleeve :)
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to left the crank like it is by now, reason is I notice thise sleeve is slide different than the race, it had 2 ports that are smaller than the race and I'm looking to get power but long running times also. If I can get that out of this mods that's a winner in my eyes. If you dont want to do it, no problem send it.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, engine is together and seal, ready for brake in, just waiting for a good weather day. WInter is around the corner
Streaks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya that's kept me from the track too, that and having a part time job that has me working weekends :(

Hey, pm me with contact info, I'll send you my sleeve man, thanks a bunch!
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
Ya that's kept me from the track too, that and having a part time job that has me working weekends :(

Hey, pm me with contact info, I'll send you my sleeve man, thanks a bunch!

You have PM
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, It was a very nice day in western PA, so the brake in was done,boring!!. The engine came out very nice, feels rev very easy. It was running in iddle for almost an hour with a little rev every 10 min. to clear the pipe. After that I did the Traxxas method. After that the engine came a life. I seen others Hypers 8P how they iddle and WOT sound. This mill sounds very superior to a stock engine and a very tuff competition for a italian mill. This engine feels have more nuts in lower end than his brother Race 8P. It took the front tires and ballons them very easy of the line(this was in asphalt not at the track) The engine was mounted in a Ofna Ultra that is @ 6yrs old(my basher) it is not a pretty buggy neither maintained and a TANK (weight), lol. 20% fuel and a mc59 with a tune pipe RB EFRA 9886 (JP-3 ordered for test). All that I have to said is I can't wait to used some 30% race in it put it in my 8ight and let it rip. Let see if I can Make a vid in the next few weeks of it. if anybody have any questions feel free, drop it here, I seen a lot of watchers at my Quest. Later
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyper .21 8P modify QUEST Reply with quote

Since the crank in the 8port is smaller than the one in the race version you can take the crank out of the 4 port and use it. The outside diameter is the same as the 8port but the inside is the same as the race version. Not sure why but it is. Where can u get inner ceramics for the race motor. I have 2 race blocks that need new bearings
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyper .21 8P modify QUEST Reply with quote

hyper dragger wrote:
Since the crank in the 8port is smaller than the one in the race version you can take the crank out of the 4 port and use it. The outside diameter is the same as the 8port but the inside is the same as the race version. Not sure why but it is. Where can u get inner ceramics for the race motor. I have 2 race blocks that need new bearings

There is a few suppliers around, you can go to your LHS I'm sure they will help you.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more month for better weather, can't wait.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am cant wait either. New modified motor, new aero dynamic body, and cut and drilled 1/2 pound off of the storm since last year. It's going to be SWEET!
Streaks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still need to pick up a stronger steering servo, otherwise I'm really looking forward to warm weather this year. VR6, I still need to send my engine's sleeve to ya. Just kinda forgot about it LOL.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streaks wrote:
I still need to pick up a stronger steering servo, otherwise I'm really looking forward to warm weather this year. VR6, I still need to send my engine's sleeve to ya. Just kinda forgot about it LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: