FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Picco .28 slow getting to top end

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ZR1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Picco .28 slow getting to top end Reply with quote

I have a picco 28 that seems to take much longer to peak out on top end than other engines. Once it is started, i can open the throttle all the way, takes a couple of secs to get to max rpm, cold or hot. So would that be the low end mixture or high end mixture that needs adjusting fatter or leaner?
CurveTracer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the HSN is too rich. I would warm the engine up and lean HSN mixture screw 1/8 of a turn at a time until you can get the engine to respond quickly to wide open throttle.
Then proceed with HSN tuning.
Next perform LSN tuning.
Rooster88

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been having the same problem. No matter how much I lean the hsn, it doesnt help it any.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: