FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
PICCO .26 OUTLAW----BUMP START TO PULL START CONVERSION????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DIRTCONVERT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: PICCO .26 OUTLAW----BUMP START TO PULL START CONVERSION???? Reply with quote

Hello, I got a great deal on a used Picco .26 outlaw that is a bump start. Problem is I want to run it in my Revo. and cannot use a box. Am I able to convert this motor to a pull start??? I cannot find this information anywhere and Ofna has not responded to my repeated emails. Yes, I am new to the sport.
Dougrevo26

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can convert it to a pull start, but then you have to deal with one way bearings. They get dirty and grab intermittently and stall the engine. Huge pain in my opinion.

I have a revo and use a bump start.

Anyhow, I have a red dot and I am not sure if the hole spacing is the same as an outlaw, but here is a link to one.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_68_1097/products_id/31558/n/OFNA-Pull-Start-Assembly-Picco?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product-Feeds&source=google_ext
David S.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that engine the crankshaft is different from pullstart to bumpstart.
The crank pin is slighly different from one to the other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: