FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
ULTRA Capable!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since last post i've rebuilt my jammin 13mm shocks and have just finished cleaning and, filling the center diff with 5000k diff oil. Polished the out-drives for looks. Next is the rear diff. Ill be cleaning it up and, filling it with 3000k diff oil. Then maybe a little more detailing for looks. I still need to install my rear sway bar and ,get the carbon fiber shock towers. Im also taking a hard look at the PCR rear brace and, the Hoboa wheel nuts.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went through the rear diff today and, cleaned it all up then put some 3000k diff oil in it. Polished the out drives as well. All feels good and, is installed back on the buggy. Did a little more polishing of some screws and such. Also installed my polished rear sway bar as well. More pics posted.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not liking the blue shock towers but ,i want to keep the original blue aluminum pieces so(i had an extra rear chassis brace in blue so i didnt mind polishing it); i wont polish the towers up. Ill wait to get the carbon fiber towers to finish up the pics along with a motor and a body for it. I have a Orion Wasp .26 which is a Picco P3(renamed). Im gonna have to get a piston and, sleeve and, replace the bearings in it. Thanks again for viewing the build up. But its not over yet.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost there dude, almos there. I just look at the picture like I said before this buggy is not an Ultra anymore, You need to come up with a name for him.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to utilize some of the parts from the LX ONE. Im putting on the hard anodized wheel hubs to replace the blue ones. I'm also gonna use front universal axles that i took off a mutilator that had the 330mm PBS suspension upgrade to use for the rear axles (ill be turning those down as well to lighten them up; they weigh .15 g more than the stock dog bone axles did.)I'll post pics later. Also been working on the motor.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the LX ONE wheel hubs are now on. posted pics
team fugazee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the mutilator arms fit the lx diffs front and rear?are the ,mutilator arms longer than the lx for a wider track? thanks-fugazee
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i got the truck it already had the conversion on it. I really cant tell you what it had on it before that. I'm not sure if the pin diameter is the same as the LX ONE or not. I would just get the complete conversion for the ultra lx and this way you know everything should fit. As far as width, if the conversion didn't come with new axles then it should be 330mm wide. The front universal axles off the truck fits in the rear of my buggy with the 330mm wide suspension arms i have on it. I would say its close. On my MBX the upper arms use a really small upper hinge pin. The lx one uses a much larger pin for its upper arm. The mutilator arm looks bigger also than the MBX pin . My MBX arms are attached to my LX ONE diffs. Again ;not sure about the stock mutilator set up. If the arms mounting width is the same and ,the pins are the same it should work i would think.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ive been through the motor , assembled it and installed it on the car for mock up. I have still to get a new clutch and bearings to finish it off. Also finished the body. I had the body when i bought my jammin buggy used ;it came with it but it did not fit . well i trimmed and, cut and ,did what i had to do to get the body to fit the MBX. Actually it turned out quite well considering it was way off from fitting . I posted up some pics of what its finally going to look like. Hope you like it.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw the pictures, and looks seek and color match, NICE. Do you know how much weight did you shave so far?
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still at what i have listed. I still need to get the carbon fiber shock towers and, lighten up the hardware. But in selected areas only.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in all i had a great time with the build up. I will do a lot of what i did to an LX One as well and ,compare performance. The LX One should end up being lighter overall and ,actually roar legal at 310mm wide. So far this is what ive accomplished and, i still have a little more to come as i drive the car for testing. For me to say use this wt. oil and ,these springs is not really going to help; as everything is probably different for your track and, such. So i will leave all that information out. However a lot of what was done will benefit your ultra series buggy in many ways and, i hope you follow as much as you can and, help me prove that its a "Capable" race buggy with some work; that wont break the bank as well.

Lowered center of gravity (Better handling)
Lowered rotating mass (Quicker acceleration and, Braking)
Lowered overall weight (Better handling ,Acceleration and ,Braking)
Electronic upgrades (Better response and, reliability)
Race Body (Better Aerodynamics)
Better wheels and, tires (Handling,Acceleration and ,Braking)

Now ,how can you go wrong with that.

I would like to recommend the PCR rear chassis brace ;as it looks to be lighter than the factory brace and, if you can afford it some 16mm shocks.
I will be using these items in the near future as well. Again thanks for watching and, good luck to you. I will post any other progress i make and, any changes.Again any comments or questions are welcome.

GO TEAM OFNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got some clutch shoes and spring. Will be installing it all and setting the motor back in the buggy. Hope to test it out really soon. Ill post how it does.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunderbolt427 wrote:
Just got some clutch shoes and spring. Will be installing it all and setting the motor back in the buggy. Hope to test it out really soon. Ill post how it does.

Any updates, anything new?
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not as of yet . check out the other ultra capable threads for answers as of now. thanks for the interest.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: