FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
HoBoa OFNA Hyper 9e Setup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Parrotman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: HoBoa OFNA Hyper 9e Setup Reply with quote

Howdy all,

Received my OFNA Hyper 9e kit from NitroHouse.com via UPS this past Tuesday afternoon. I am quite pleased with the quality of the new roller. One of my few disappointments would be the lack of Chassis Side/Mud Guards, and of course no screw holes in Chassis to accommodate any aftermarket ones either. The Body is nice, but is wider than Chassis, so dirt will fly into everything inside. Also if you get T-Boned on the Battery side, you could end up with some damage in there, so I will work on a solution for this. There is zero support for my rig from the local Hobby shops here in Houston, TX. I was told by Jeff at Mike's Hobby Shop in Porter that he stopped carrying Hyper series parts because OFNA has a tendency to completely change the model drastically every few months, and he gets stuck with parts. But I am determined to make my Hyper 9e a contender here, and no one else here seems to run OFNA Buggies/Truggies, so I guess I will be the standout in that venue ;) I have scoured the web looking for everything I can find on the Hyper 9e as far as Hop-Ups, and no luck there, but I hope that OFNA will stick with the Hyper 9e so folks will come around and get more third part vendor support. From what I have seen the Jammin' series seems to get a lot more outside support. I am in now way laden with money, and setting up from scratch, so I will need to be very careful on what I buy. So in the long run, I want to make this rig work, and hopefully will have a few years of support for the Hyper 9e from OFNA. It is a BEAUTIFUL Buggy, and once I am done getting her the way I want it, I'm sure it will turn some heads at my local track. I will be getting one thing at a time, so when I can afford it, the Motor+ESC will be next, then the LiPO Batteries, and then the Radio, so it will take me 2 to 3 months to collect the gear needed. In the meantime I will see what I can do to improve the roller as much as I can. I will post more as I get going on my project, and will of course reply to anyone with helpful hints or questions on this buggy. Take care all, and be well!

Parrotman
DJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is well put together and does not need anything for an upgrade, however we do have options to upgrade just go back to the Ofna home page and scroll down to the press relese carosel and there a page on hop-ups for the Hyper 9 series cars, as for drastic changes that what people like to see is that there's an effort in the chassis line to be different from one another in stead of say "well kinda looks this car and this taken from that car we're so far into the curve with our car that this is what people will be looking at in the future and will say they took that from the Hyper car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: