FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Model Concept France aluminum shock towers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mechanic77

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Model Concept France aluminum shock towers? Reply with quote

Just curious if anybody has tried the aluminum shock towers from Model Concept France? Anybody know how the weights compare between their aluminum and carbon fiber shock towers? I'm curious because I'm looking at putting my H8.5 on a diet. I know some guys (HyperGRP) has used the 3mm carbon fiber ones and saved a bunch of weight. I'm just nervous about the 3mm carbon fiber ones breaking in a bad crash. At least with the aluminum ones it should only bend and a person should still be able to finish the race. Any input would be greatly appreciated before I plop down $75 for a pair of shock towers. Thanks, Andy
scdrj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wahoo.... It has been almost a month and a half since anyone has posted here....

Anyway, it may be a while before you see a reply, so I'll take a stab. I'm with you, CF is too brittle for my taste. I bet you can contact them and get the weight of both types. The fact that I was sticking with aluminum, I looked other places to cut weight. I would have had a killer car a year and a half to two years ago if I ever found time to build them. Its hard to believe I have not had several hours to spare.

I have recently made a big push to get my H8.75 dirt oval and H8.75 off road car going. I'm not getting to do all the things I wanted to do, but there is a lot to be said for just "gitn'r dun"

I did find good weight loss with JQs front tower, and using an RTR back tower on my oval car. I'm going to use JQs back tower on the off road car. Below is a pic of my partially completed dirt oval car. Our dirt oval is to rough to run a dirt oval car. They only run off road set ups. Some mods can be made. The hyper 8 sprint would probably work ok, but I already own this stuff.

mechanic77

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I talked to you on the phone awhile back? I assume you still have all those H8.5 parts lying around. You don't happen to have a +4 rear chassis and all the parts to use it (braces if needed, and center driveshafts)? I'd be interested in any lightweight stuff you might have too. PM me and let me know. Thanks, Andy
scdrj

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I only had one R+4 chassis, and I used it for the dirt oval car. It is actually the one in the picture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: