FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 9E thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

DJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Hyper 9E thread Reply with quote

For right now until I can make a thread for the H9e you can post you questions here I will also make a H9e pic.
CrashTestPilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the Hyper 9E yesterday and am very impressed with the quality and design. The kit is excellent and my only dislikes are relatively minor:

An "E" specific body would be nice.

I'm not a fan of the one-piece wing - it looks cheap compared to the rest of the kit.

Documentation could be improved. Though nearly built out of the box, the shocks do need to be built and there are only drawings, no description. The illustration could stand improvement for what little the user must build. For example, there are 2 rubber grommets, one black and one (thinner) white plastic discs that go in the bottom of the shock. It's not at all clear in the illustration the order these should be stacked - e.g. does the black one go to the bottom?

In considering options for motor, ESC and battery, I wasn't able to find anything on gear ratio so am unable to calculate various scenarios. Nor was I able to find what type of pinion (pitch) is needed.

For those unable / unwilling to calculate scenarios (KV rating, lipo type, etc), some recommendations would be of value, e.g. target weight range for battery.

Excellent kit overall - I'm looking forward to getting it finished!
BondoHyperNutz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine Friday also, great format and looks properly built and designed. I'm liking it !

Shocks, On all my other trucks shocks that have similiar design the white plastic washer goes on the bottom witht the clip.

Heres a great gear chart curtosey of "BrianG" at RC-Monster, use the top speed estimator and gear accordingly for max 40mph

http://www.scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/index.html

Gearing is Mod 1 and pinions can be found here'

http://www.rc-monster.com/gears.php?pg=2
CrashTestPilot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - though the calculator seems to underscore my point. You need to know the specs on the buggy to calculate, and there are no presets for the 9E in his calculator.

I can count teeth on the spur, but the internal drive ratio is not something I can determine easily - it should be published in my view.

Even so, it seems most art looking for experience of others as a starting point, so that's what I'll do. Thanks again.
BondoHyperNutz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diff ratio is the same as the Nitro Hyper 9, 40/11 I beleive.
Also says plainly the final results are varied, for estimate results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: