FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
new dirt oval pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Rex1954

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: new dirt oval pro Reply with quote

AM looking for a good starting point for new dirt oval pro. The track has a 245 foot run line and the surface is hard packed and high bite, banking is very slight maybe 3 to 4 degrees. The car is on foam tires with an os .28

Any setup help, springs, diff oil, ride height etc. getting me headed in the right direction would be most appreciated. Thanks Rex
Rex1954

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:40 pm    Post subject: new dirt oval pro Reply with quote

NO one has any setup advise?? DOes Ofna monitor this forum? MAybe not
wanarace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you run the car on the track yet if so how did it handle
i run a simmilar track and mine was way to stiff when i started out
the car was tight in the corner and loose off but it was still pretty drivable.
i could throw some numbers out but let me know what its doing first
Rex1954

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well mine is to soft i think........
its chattering a bit in the turns..the biggest problem is it wants to hook once in the turn especially when you bring it intothe cornor onthe bottom of the track....it will start into the turn pretty good and then hook real hard and head for the nfield....its alot better if you arc it into the turn keep it abut a foot off the pipe its better. after the race the other night(first time onthe track) it had chewed the outside edge of the right front foam tire pretty good...If you do manage to get through the turn smoothly it comes off the turn like a rocket ship.....

It has the red springs on all 4 cornors with the stock do pro shocks...I have no idea what it has for shock oil as far as the diffs all i can tell you is that the front one has alot thicker lube that the rear one does..and its spooled in the center. I need to go through the car and change all the diff lube and shock oils so i know what i have......
The guy I vbought the car from was going to send me an email with what he had in everything but I havent heard from him. that about all i know about it any advice you might want to post would be greatly appreciated....Thanks For your responce....Rex
wanarace

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im running 120000 in the front and 5000 in the rear
stock shock oil ; no front swaybar & super soft front springs ; rear springs are about the same as the reds . but it sounds like your having no problem turning (just an idea) if your front end is toed in that could be why it wants to dive in the middle 4 degrees toe out is what i run .
for the high bite tracks the spool should be perfect.
camber i run +1 degrees left side ; -1.5 RR;-2.5 RF this may be the chattering but i dont see running more that -3 in the RF .
if your looking for more spring options the revo springs come in alot of diff. rates just gotta cut a little off them . hope this helps if it does let me know . would have responded sooner but i havent logged on for about a month till last night
Rex1954

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: do pro Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips.....I will let you know how it goes this weekend....thanks again Rex
Ovaloldtimer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put some preload in the LR shock or the RF, go to stiffer spring in either or softer on the LF or RR, to put some cross in it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: