FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper One Seven Evolution Electic conversion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> On-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

thirdgen89gta

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Hyper One Seven Evolution Electic conversion. Reply with quote

Seems I've been absent too long and my old account has been deleted due to lack of activity. Oh well.

I've owned this car for a long time. But for several years I've lost interest in RCs. And being so specialized since I do mostly off-road stuff I rarely had a reason to take it out anymore. And over the years I've lost interest maintaining Nitro.

But since Electric makes my life so much easier.

If anyone else has a Hyper One Seven congrats, I love this car. Wish the class would have taken off. Hong-Nor and Hobao were ahead of the game, kyosho won with their "spec" classes leaving cars like the DM-1 Pro and the Hyper 1/7 in a lurch with nowhere to race them.

So far its GPS at 66mph with the 22t pinion and 3.8" GRP Grandini tires. This is maximum speed for the voltage. In order to go faster I need to up the Pinion to a 28t which should net me about 85mph which will be the "normal" gearing for this car on a track. To break the 100mph barrier I'll need to install a 36t pinion, or step the tires up to a larger 4.5" diameter to increase the effective gearing.

Anyone know the diameter of the OFNA 1/8th scale Foams? I dont' want to risk a tire thats going to balloon at speeds and induce stability issues.

Parts used in the conversion:
RC-Monster Hyper 7 electric mount
RC-Monster 150x50mm battery trays
22t Pinion / 46t Spur
Castle Mamba Monster v3
Castle 1717 1580kv motor
Two 5000mah 3S 11.1v LiPos

Various drill bits and counter syncing bits to make all of the screws on the bottom flush mount.

Don't know the total weight of this conversion, the car has always been heavy but I do believe its in the 11lb range loaded with two 441g 5000mah 3S lipos.

Hyper 1/7 conversion by thirdgen89gta, on Flickr

HyperOneSeven - 2 by thirdgen89gta, on Flickr

HyperOneSeven - 4 by thirdgen89gta, on Flickr

You can see the old Diff Holes here, and the new (shiny) holes I drilled and counter sunk into the chassis to move the diff and motor forward. I used the 160mm front dog-bone from the Hyper 1/7 w/o reverse, and I used a front CVA from a Jammin X1 buggy. This left me enough clearance to mount the Castle 1717 1580kv motor which is 85mm long.

Here you can see the basic layout. Though I'm still missing the Radio/Servo/ESC tray which I cut out of a 3mm Carbon Fiber sheet.

And we are 90% there. Test fit of all components.

Close up of the running gear tray:

Ready to rock w/o batteries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> On-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: