FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
lx one shock oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

davidg01234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: lx one shock oil Reply with quote

what did the lx one shocks come preloaded with because i have tried 40, 45, and even 80 weight but when i drop it from about a foot high it smacks the ground
StillH20 Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stock the buggy comes with 30 all the way around. The combo that I found worked great in the car is 50 in the front, and 40 in the rear.
davidg01234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i will try that but also did you change your shock springs to a harder one or do you feel theres any reason to??

Also why would you put a lighter weight in the rear wouldnt you put a stiffer weight because the rear is heavier?
StillH20 Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left the springs stock.

No, cause a heavier shock oil in the rear will cause the rear to buck around going over the bumps, as with a lighter oil it will just soak up all the bumps. And also cause you set the ride height a little higher in the rear then the front of the buggy, so it kind of balances out.
davidg01234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya thats what i do so when it squats it evens out. But i might get a medium hardness springs. thanx for your input

also do you think the lx one is a good racing buggy
StillH20 Racer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is alright buggy for racing. It's a tank compared to other buggies out there. I was able to compete with a losi on my local track. But the driver isn't all that great of one. I used it for 4 races and then bought a used Hyper 9 from a sponsored driver here. I would save some money and get a Hyper 9.
davidg01234

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually im gonna get a team associated but im not sure yet probablt the rc8 (RTR only not KITS), but i cant get ofna because my lhs doesnt sell much ofna, but they do sell alot of associated. Ya i noticed how the lx one holds up to alot of wrecks. I had a runaway on it and it took off the curb of my yard and it ran full throttle into the curb across the street but nothing broke at all, the only thing that happened was a bent front drive line bone, but i straighened it out with a hammer
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40644 are med. springs for your shock it will help out the car alot more, the yellows are just a lil soft, reds will help keep the car up and go back to 45wt. front/40wt rear.
davidg01234

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will go back to that as soon as i get medium stiffness springs
poppalx1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I no this is old but do you have to change the shock piston or did you leave it alone?
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the jammin 13 mm shock on your buggy ;if im not mistaken. They work pretty good stock. Seriously you just need to get the buggy in good shape and drive it to learn it. Theres things you can do to the stock pistons but you may not recognize changes yet. Learn the buggy stock for the most part then make one change at a time. Alot of people make the mistake of making several changes and dont really know what change helped or hurt , then spend all there time chasing bugs. Im using the stock jammin shocks on my custom buggy and they work just fine. your lighter than me i would think; so it should work pretty good for you. Clean everything up real good. If you can polish the shock shafts.do it. It will make the shocks work alittle smoother. as with motors a clean shock is a happy shock. As far as what oil to use its really up to what your track is like. Best thing is to buy a small assortment of oils and experiment with it. Get 30 35 40 45 and 50. You should find something that will work in that area. AS MENTIONED THOUGH LESS WEIGHT IN THE REAR THAN FRONT.
poppalx1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks thunderbolt I dod manage to clean up the shocks and I put 50m in the front and 40 in the rear. Now my suspension is moving really free and smoth with just doing that. I need to find something to lube the pins with to free yhose up a little. I was thinkg of the stuff boy scouts use on their derby cars. It is a powder lubricate instead of oil or grease to keep the dirt out.
thunderbolt427

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I polished all mine up. Pretty much anything you use other than polishing including graphiite lube will hold sand particles. I would just polish them up and let it ride. Youll be surprised how smooth it is providing the arm holes are clean also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: