FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
trouble with my ST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

toffel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: trouble with my ST Reply with quote

Hello,

My name is Christophe, i live in Belgium and i bought my Hyper ST about 5weeks ago and i'am just a beginner...

I'm still busy learning the car and i have 2 major problems;
1) one of the front wheels (right) begins to loose the pins on 1 side of the tyre... ( see pictures) ,
so i guess that the wheel is not runnig straight.
I asked in the store where i bought the car what could be the problem and they told me to adjust the trim of the wheels on the radio, but the car already runs straight and good so i guess that isn't the problem.
I think i have to adjust the turnbuckle or steering arm of the wheel, but i dont know witch one of the 2.
When i opened the box, there was no booklet or instruction manual in, so i have to guess what to do.

2) i cant get the right settings for the Mac28 , it doesn't start well, has low RPM and stop ....

Is there anyone who can help me to solve the problem?
I would be very gratefull with it because i already love-enjoy the car.

Hopefully someone can help me out, waiting for a helping answer,

Greetings, Christophe

PS; sorry about the big pictures........

RobB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 very simple things to resolve. The uneven tire wear can be fixed by adjusting the front camber by making the front upper arm a bit longer. Turn the turnbuckle both directions to find out which way makes it longer, and it might take a few adjustments to get it DIALED... If the outside of the tire is wearing more, then do just the opposite, and make the upper arm shorter...The same is true with the rear tires as well...

On the engine issues, it's one of 2 things. You might need to open the idle set screw (start with quarter turn clockwise to raise the idle) to raise the engines idle, or the low speed needle it too rich and putting out the glow plug. IMO it sounds more like the idle...

Good luck, and...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Rob B.
toffel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobB wrote:
2 very simple things to resolve. The uneven tire wear can be fixed by adjusting the front camber by making the front upper arm a bit longer. Turn the turnbuckle both directions to find out which way makes it longer, and it might take a few adjustments to get it DIALED... If the outside of the tire is wearing more, then do just the opposite, and make the upper arm shorter...The same is true with the rear tires as well...

On the engine issues, it's one of 2 things. You might need to open the idle set screw (start with quarter turn clockwise to raise the idle) to raise the engines idle, or the low speed needle it too rich and putting out the glow plug. IMO it sounds more like the idle...

Good luck, and...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Rob B.

thanks already but would it be the upper arm i have to fix? because the wheels stands like this

| |
/ |

so my guess is that i have to adjust the steering rod (toe angle)
i could be wrong, i'm just a begining amateur....
StillH20 Racer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one of your wheels is pointing out like that, set the radio trim so both of them are doing that evenly on the front. It is called toe out and helps the truck run straight and turn better.

So they kind of look like this

l l
/ \

Hope that helps.
toffel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillH20 Racer wrote:
If one of your wheels is pointing out like that, set the radio trim so both of them are doing that evenly on the front. It is called toe out and helps the truck run straight and turn better.

So they kind of look like this

l l
/ \

Hope that helps.

OK thx, i was guessing that it wasn't right adjusted because the car already drives straight and when i adjust the trim, it drives to the left or right.....so...
you can see it on the left wheel that the pins on the tyre are almost gone on 1 side
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: