FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Outer Clutch Bearing Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mjb715

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Outer Clutch Bearing Problem Reply with quote

Hi,
I have a Titan Deluxe. I have been trying to figure out why the outer clutch bearing (small one) keeps coming apart. I put a new one in and it lasts about 10mins. The clutch bell is getting pretty hot. I have already checked to see if there is anything binding up, and everything turns freely. I have already put aluminum shoes on. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

~Mandy~
CrashOverKill

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering upgradeing the bell and gear to the one on my GT wich appears to use larger bearings. I havent looked up the bearings yet to see if it is even close yet but I too killed a set of gears and bearings on my Twin Titan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run your gear mesh on the loose side, they seam to hang on a bit longer. I switched the the Dom 2speed (Ho Bao), then eventually went to a single speed.
mjb715

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
I read in another forum that the clutch bell from the hyper 7 will fit the Titan Deluxe and that they are a 2 piece combos - so u can customize your gearing. And they use a larger bearing size 5x10mm and there is one in the proper location .. inner and outer - with the outer at the end of the crank as is PROPER, for real support.

Has anyone tried this or heard of it??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is what I was referring too. The Dominator and Hyper 7 (Ho Bao) 2 speed is better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: