FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Pirate 10 Monster Engine Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mxsportstar2

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Pirate 10 Monster Engine Question Reply with quote

I bought my Pirate 10 Monster a few years ago and now I'm experiencing problems with keeping the stock Hyper 21 engine running. Only ran about 1.5 gallons through it. After ruling out some factors like tuning and cleaning, I've conluded that its a compression issue. Does anyone know if it's a 4 or 8 port? And what the difference is? The owners manual doesn't specify and can't find any other info on it. If I am going to replace the sleeve and piston, which should I use? Thanks for any help.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Pirate 10 Monster Engine Question Reply with quote

It sounds like there is a air leak. You will never get the tune right with that replace the o rings on the carb. The pirate came with the 4 port and if you wanted to the 8 port sleeve will fit and work nicely
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: