FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
macstars crap!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1cougar1

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: macstars crap! Reply with quote

well ive had it!, im going to replace my macstar .28 w/ a brand new engine. i was thinking about the picco p3 heard lots of good things. but im now leaning towards the dynamite platinum .28 xp. looks about the same price w/ a dynamite pipe. cause if i got the picco p3 id probally go w/ the jp-2 pipe. so all in all i think im looking at about the same in cost,and i like the fact that the dynamite brands of mills arent a shih-tzu to tune. but will the dynamite drop right in; same flywheel, shoes, bearings and bell. cause the dynamites got a sg crankshaft and w. the extra crappy manuel for the hyper st rtr. theres no note of it anywhere or in any of my papers.. well thats it , hope somome can help. .clay unruh
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both egines will drop right in.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTR engines are by their nature cheap and as a result will not last long..The Machstar is really not an exception to the rule.
1cougar1

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dropright in. that means i can use all the same clutch pieces and if i need some new ones just get the same as the macstar clutch system?
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct.
bpoates25

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mac actually does decent considering. had issues at first. now 5 gall. in
PLUS SETTING THE MID RANGE NEEDLE CORRECT (old read in engine thread) let me tweek the needles where it runs nice through the entire powerband. it can hang at the track. remember its really about driving. a great driver with the crap mac fine tuned can still pull a win just my thoughts. dont get me wrong would love a ninja or grp though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: