FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
HYPER SPRINT CAR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval
View previous topic :: View next topic  

kendall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several that run the .21vg their easy to tune and pretty reliable, before they quit making them most ran the sportwerk .26 and beyond that there's no engine that really stands out as the one that everyone runs. there are 6 guys that run L8models on my pracitce track 3 have the sportwork .26 me included, one has the force .32, one has the losi 427, one has the .21vg and he can run right there with the rest of us.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a 21 vg that I got in a trade. I had it for a year or so. It was brand new in the box. I needed some cash so I sold it two weeks ago. I should have kept the engine but I never saw one run. That is why I asked about that engine. The track I'me gonna race at today should be fielding 6-8 1/8 sprints, a few are hyper 8 and a few are ofna dirt oval pros That I converted into sprints. There is one gtp and an ultra mbx. The guys around here have been running ofna gtp style cars for years and they wanted to run the sprint class. They did not know anything about the new hyper 8 chassied sprint. A guy built one out of a older ultra comp some 3-4 years ago and when he saw our hyper 8s he brought his out to race w/us and was quite competetive w/it. I came up with a version of my own. I still race w/hyper 8 occasionally,it works good on the smaller of the two tracks I race at. But if I could get a larger clutch bell on the hyper 8 I'de use it more. So put that thing on the track. The class is sure to grow. Let me know how it goes
kendall

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks Ben!! Reply with quote

I put the jammin .28 on my hyper sprint started and factoy settings and did what you said it helped ALOT!! still a little rich on top but thats an easy fix, by the way jammin .28 hyper sprint and a patch of ice on a paved road don't go well together.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got it going! Sounds like that ben guy knows nitro. Yea I am picturing that sprint flying end over end. Don't worry that sprint is pretty tuff lol. I am from Detroit Mich. I remember the ice. Y'all are hard core Racers to be out there in that stuff. I'de be out there too. We only had 3 sprints racing sun. 1st in one heat 2nd in the main. The track had a lot of bite and the groove was about 7 feet wide. Plenty of room to pass. Next sun. is the big 50 lap race. I'me guessing 7 or so 1/8 sprints and maybe 16 L8models. There should be 3 more sprints at our track in a couple weeks. A cen buggy that I converted for a guy, a losi conversion and a hyper 8 rtr that a guy won at our track. The sprint class is growing pretty fast here. When do they race at that indoor track?
kendall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That race is Jan. 13th, 14th, and 15th they already have 50+ entrys just in the Latemodel class.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely there will be some more racers w/1/8 sprints out of 50 plus 1/8 scale drivers,or there will be after they see yours! Does everyone have to pre register?
kendall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you dont have to pre register, as long as your signed in and payed by the start of the event.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wed. Thurs. Fri. That's in the middle of the week. Can you pit inside? How cold will it be inside? Just wondering.
kendall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have to take 3 days vacation to run it. the pits are inside, how cold it will be I dont know this is my first year running this race. we have people coming from TX, NE, KS, IN, IA, MO, GA, AR, CA, IL, and us okies, from what I understand Tony Stewart showed up and raced last year.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll talk with my sponsor, (my wife) about coming up there. I can see her rolling her eyes now. Coming up w/the funds is the real problem. I've talked to a couple of guys about going to that race and they sounded interested. I'll find out for sure. I just finished installing a personal transponder in my 1/8 sprint for the race tonight. There should be 6 or so sprints there. I know a couple of them just got new engines. I got a gallon or so through mine. I'll put a lower cb gear on mine, maybe It will come out of the turn a little harder? I'll let you know how that goes.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make it this year but next year hopefully. A guy came down from Wisconsin to race at our two local tracks, I guess he comes every year for the winter months, he was here last year, exellent driver w/fast L8model. He gave me some good tips and helped w/ re-fueling in the 50 lap race last sun. He had a set of those losi rubber tires you were talking about. They were not onions. They were very sticky and would probably work just as good as the foams we run. I'll ask him to try em out on our track. We ran 3 1/8 sprints fri. night, there were 4, one of the hyper 8s lost a steer servo on a brand new rtr, they all did that, 6 or so. I came in first in the main, finally, yea! And sun. we had a 50 lap 1/8 sprint race. We fielded 8 sprints, 2- 25 lap heats and then a 25 lap B main w/ two bump ups and then a 50 lap A main. You had one mandatory pit stop for fuel. We had long tables set up 6' from the wall in turn 4, they had to take the sprint off the track and set it on the table, fuel it and then throw it back on the track. The guy that beat me was running a 400 or so dollar OS 21. His pit guy took it off the track, touched the table and threw it back on the track. He did not need fuel! I was faster but he was smarter (richer too). I came in second, the first one to lose. lol.
kendall

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: chilli bowl jr. Reply with quote

We had a huge turn out, 69 L8models 180 cars total I think, I won my first heat by 3 laps which put me 25th over all, and went down hill from there 2nd heat had engine trouble it got way to rich for some reason only got 160deg. 3rd heat I had a good run going and tried to pass 2 cars on the high side going into turn 3 they decided they wanted the high side and I got knocked OVER the wall and took out a couple of spectators and still ran 43 laps, but ended up in a lower main that was more like a demolition derby got took out in the first turn of the first lap and hit by everything on the track for the next 20 laps or so and ended up 7th in the D main.
Here_Comes_Trouble

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a Ofna Sprint. Does any one have a setup for a hard packed track shape is paperclip. 210ft runline I believe. ? Or any set up at this point has to be better than what I have now.. I emailed Ofna support several days ago but have not gotten any response.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kendall. That was a good turn out at that Chili Bowl race. Sorry to hear about your bad luck in that one. Some guys want to win the race in the first lap. I try to let them on by. Maybe the next one will be better for you. We had our first FDOS race of the season. My day got a little better progressively. I finished the 2 heats almost last and went back to a basic set up and came in 3rd in the main w/my do pro sprint. I let a friend run my hyper 8 sprint and a throttle servo plagued him all day. Ofna paid our entry fee for all the hyper sprints. cool huh? There were 10-12 sprints 93 cars total. Yesterday sun. I came in 2nd w/ the sprint out of 10 and 2nd w/ the outlaw L8model at lil dover. 6 were hypers and the others were gtp,do pro, ultra lx and losi conversions. This class is getting better around here. How many 1/8 scale sprints were at the Chili Bowl rc race?
kendall

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were no 1/8th scale sprints I didnt get a chance to show mine off, but from the people I talked to there doesnt seem to be much interest in 1/8th scale sprints in this area, most I talked to seem to think all sprints should be 2wd, I asked them how many full scale 4wd latemodels they had seen, common response to that was "Its not the same thing" hopefully a few will change there minds soon or I'll just have to settle for running it on my personal track!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: