FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
HYPER SPRINT CAR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: HYPER SPRINT CAR Reply with quote

Does anybody have the new OFNA Sprint Car ? Just wanted to hear about it before I purchased one. Is it true that they put the mac star .28 in it (RTR) ? I have the hyper st truggy RTR and that is one engine I do not want again.
gary goins

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Hyper sprinter Reply with quote

Don't have it yet, have ordered it from Nitrohouse for 368 or close to that price, the model that is out right is a rolling chassis no motor, no radio stuff. I ordered mine last friday and they said I would have mine this Thursday or Friday May 1st. seems all the midwest hobby stores haven't recieved any yet at least horizon hobbies in Ill. told me over the phone that they would'nt even recieve their shipment until Thurs or Friday May 1st. All the west coast stores have, Nitrohouse had the car on Friday, nd it makes sense being that OFNA is in Cali.
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your going to get it soon. It really looks like a very well constructed replica. I am really anxious to get one however our track is not constructed yet so I believe I will wait a bit. Keep us posted on how it handles ETC.
gary goins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is somebody building a dirt oval in Columbus, IN. ? if so that's cool cause the guys running Johnson Co. R/C track say that nobody wants to run dirt oval in that area!
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I heard that they were building a oval at Johnson county park with a 1/10th off road course,1/8th off road course and a rock climbing course. Not heard anything about a oval in Columbus but I bet it would be popular as several of my co-workers have expressed interest in the sprint cars.
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked JCP website they are moving the track across from the R/C airfield and they plan on TWO tracks but no oval. Heres there web address.. http://www.jcp-rc.com/Gallery.html
mowery1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Ofna sprint cars Reply with quote

Elvis, We have a big oval and are getting ready to run ofna sprints there....The track is over by Eastern high school just west of Bloomington...125' straight a ways!!!
mowery1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Remote glow igniter Reply with quote

Anyone figured out how to attatch the remote glow igniter to the glow plug...The internal spring is too big in diameter to stay on the glow plug....
Ben Giles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to radio shack and buy a small shielded alagitor clip and put it on the glow plug wire it will hang on.

Ben Giles
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE have been using the real short glow igniter, It is called hot shot I believe. It will fit under the wing(about 19 bucks)
kendall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: set-up Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knew a good starting point for the setup on this car mine pushed like a boat coming off the corners.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of track are y'all running on? High bite blue groove, hard packed clay or loose damp clay fluff etc.? how long are the straits? Do y'all run rubber pin tires, foam tires or the stock ones? .Do you want to drift. We've been racing these since May of 09, super fun class! Give me a little more information I think I can help. You will find that you need the Ofna cnc front hubs or knuckles , cnc lower hinge pin mounts, a bottle of 120,000, and a bottle of 20,000 diff lube.
kendall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

190 to 200 ft. runline loose dirt paperclip shaped track and I like to drift.
blue byou racing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your battery in your receiver box or somewhere else in front of the rear tires, put the same size tires on all four corners. Maybe lower the rear wing a bit or put a lexan rear wing on it. That should take some push out. What are the other 1/8 scales running for tires?
kendall

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know i'm the first person in this area to get the 1/8th scale sprint but every one runs the ofna tires on their late models, but now their making us switch to the losi dlm2 tires for the chilli bowl jr race.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: