FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Old buggy won't crank.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

HobbyHound

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Old buggy won't crank. Reply with quote

My old Ultra has been in the attic for about two years. it ended up there, because the Electric starter that everyone has problems with decided to unbolt it self from the motor. so After not being able to find parts to fix it, I've switched over to a hand crank. problem is, even with new fuel, and turning the motor by hand with fuel in it to losen it up, It won't stay running for more than about 4 seconds and any time. I haven't even touched the settings on the carb since putting it up, and it was running great until it self destructed.

is there something I'm missing with running a car that's been setting up for a while?
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Old buggy won't crank. Reply with quote

HobbyHound wrote:
My old Ultra has been in the attic for about two years. it ended up there, because the Electric starter that everyone has problems with decided to unbolt it self from the motor. so After not being able to find parts to fix it, I've switched over to a hand crank. problem is, even with new fuel, and turning the motor by hand with fuel in it to losen it up, It won't stay running for more than about 4 seconds and any time. I haven't even touched the settings on the carb since putting it up, and it was running great until it self destructed.

is there something I'm missing with running a car that's been setting up for a while?

Could be a number of things. defective glow plug, dry rotted O-Rings, tarnish, fuel tank filter clogged or restricted, cracked fuel/pressure lines, etc.
HobbyHound

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if figured it out with enough tinkering. I cleaned out the gas tank REALLY well with laquer thinner, and dried it. there was a little dried gas residue that would turn into sludge with the fuel in it.

and And also I cleaned out the Air filter which was pretty crudded up.

which brings me to my next question.

now what do I do? hahaha

what kind of mods are common with these things?

I've already got the rechargable battery hump in it, and a little lighter gear lube in the Diffs. so what else is there to better it's performance?
HobbyHound

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump.

if it helps i mostly just bash with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: