FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Force .28 and my bleeding fingers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vinrx7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Force .28 and my bleeding fingers Reply with quote

My new DM1 pro is about to get tossed into the pacific!!! I cant get the dang thing started. Whats with these force engines? My fingers are bleeding and my knuckles are swollen. No joke!
It starts for a second then dies. I re checked the needles. HSN 3.5 turns. LSN flush. WTF!!! I need some help. No manual with the kit kind of makes things frustrating.
Eggbert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you start, try opening the carb just a bit with the throttle trim...enough you see the beloows just start to move. The higher idle will increase the chances of it staying running.

Get a roto-start type backplate for it. These engines can be really fussy until they are broken in, and yep, I've had the bleeding fingers too!

Since you are starting with decent adjustments, can you tell if the engine is flooding or running out of fuel? Does it rev a bit and die ( LSN too lean) or just drop off and die(LSN too rich) or merely stop (not broken in enough yet)?

My broken-in 28 has the LSN flush and the HSN at 4.5 turns. You may want to try that.
ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Ofna home page "instruction manuals" you can download the manual from there, also check out "how to guides" for the Force engines. Once broken in the Force engines are easy to start low maintenance engines good VFM.
adb140275

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how the heck dont people know to give it some gas when your starting it? its like a carbureted car, sort of. usually they wont start at idle after priming them
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
drpower72

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your Ignitor and glow plug are operating visually plug out of the car look at the wire glow strongly!! Don't use old fuel....Happened to me, I thought it was the motor until someone put in fresh fuel and a new glow plug.
john davis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a force .28 it was hard to start rill i put a mc-59 plug in now it starts in 2 pulls and i let it idle for a min and its ready to rock
john davis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rill is suposed tobe till. also got a hot shot 2 ignightor that helped alot
stan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you use a starter box on that chassis? much better than a pull start
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: