FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Which Buggy....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

smeyers2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Which Buggy.... Reply with quote

Was at the race track today and saw an Ofna LX One. I really liked it.. it didn't have the best driver, but looked pretty stable in the jumps. I have a Truggy now and don't like it... "it's just OK"...

So I saw this LX One and would like to get one. But first I want to hear your thoughts. I took a step back when I heard it was a low end model... not that that is bad mind you.. but I want a fairly reliable car. I am a beginner racer and race for fun.. not to always win !!!!

If it is not a good car then which one do you recommend... I would say I can afford up to around $450.

Thanks Guys... Have A Great Sunday Night !!!

Steve
StillH20 Racer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few more dollars the Hyper 8 is a ggod buggy. And the Jammin X1 CR is also a good one too. They both are ready to run buggies. I have ahd the chance to drive the X1, and it is a very stable buggy to drive. The 8 is still a popular buggy among beginner racers as well. Hope that helps.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what kind of truggy do you have? LMAO......
I prefer my truggy on and off the track, far more challenging, if not entertaining... Its like my buggy, only on steroids..... LMAO
However, I found my old Ultra LX Comp can still keep me in the hunt, just got to know how to throw your weight around. ROFLMAO

The LX-1 is an entry level RTR buggy and as with most anything RTR, will need electronic upgrades.
If your concerned with being "legal" for sanctioned racing, your also going to need to think about a new .21 engine.
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a first time buggy I'd go with a Hyper 7 or 8
JASracer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with a Hyper 7, Hyper 8 or the Hyper 8.5 or even the Jammin X1 buggy.
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Hyper 7 PBS,I was blown away by the performance,the smoothness and tuneablity was amazing....until I bought a beat down worn out X1CR,that beat down machine handles 100% better than the Hyper 7 PBS,and im well impressed with the 7,a big diffrence in performance for such a small price diffrence.If you purchase a Jammin as a first......any other buggy after will feel tight(Crappy)even though they are great buggies,Comparison wise a jammin and a Hyper 7 is like comparing a Escalade to a Blazer,Just my 2 cents,Go with a hyper 7,8,or 9 or the Jammin you wont regret it.Just when you lose control of the Jammin.....your still in control,All of Ofnas history is in that buggy,alot of buggies look like it but nothing handles like a Jammin series
RobB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have my Hyper 7, and for what you are looking for, I feel it should be highly considered. Very strong, and great performance. I prefered the c-hub setup personally, and I think Nitrohouse/Ofna might still have some, so check with them...

The Hyper 8/8.5 is another very strong buggy, but might be a bit more expensive to get into being a newer buggy...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Rob B.
booder0787

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: hyper 7 Reply with quote

for something i little more expensive and better.. the hyper 7 tq isnt bad. now comes with a macstar .28 hyper 8.5 is a good bit more and jammin is a good bit smaller. not 19" long like the rest they are 15" long
bongogocrazy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Which Buggy.... Reply with quote

smeyers2 wrote:
Was at the race track today and saw an Ofna LX One. I really liked it.. it didn't have the best driver, but looked pretty stable in the jumps. I have a Truggy now and don't like it... "it's just OK"...

So I saw this LX One and would like to get one. But first I want to hear your thoughts. I took a step back when I heard it was a low end model... not that that is bad mind you.. but I want a fairly reliable car. I am a beginner racer and race for fun.. not to always win !!!!

If it is not a good car then which one do you recommend... I would say I can afford up to around $450.

Thanks Guys... Have A Great Sunday Night !!!

Steve

well steve. if you decide to get it and want a spare transmission and brake system, lmk. i got one brand new not used. i bought it thinking i could use it on my ofna and the bolt pattern doesn't fit my 9.5

im looking to sell it for $30 via paypal. i can send pics/video of it or whatever if you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: