FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
no luck breaking -in my macsar???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1cougar1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: no luck breaking -in my macsar??? Reply with quote

i just bought a hyper st rtr. and ive gone through about 2 tanks of nitro now just trying to get the darn thing to run. i havent even got it going good. i start it drive away and if any amount of throttle is applied. say a quick pull to about 3/4 to half throttl it dies. im running a macoy mc59 those are hot plugs right? should i get a cooler plug? second. my needles are all screwed up. i set the high speed at about 4 turns out same w/ the low and idle at about 1 to 1/2 mm gap. well the car wont even start unless i richen the low speed neddle like to 5 1/2 turns out then same thing happens starts off pretty good going slow figure 8ights. then any good amount of throttle is applied it just dies. i did that for maybe 8 times w/ the high speed neddle set at about 2 1/2 turns out and the low speed needle at about 5 1/2 turns out. and had my temps over 300. cant seem to get the hang of this engine quite yet. please any advice? clay unruh
adb140275

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id just get it going and run the sh*t out of it...t out of it
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres whats up,The MacStar runs diffrent than any other engine
I use MC8 glow plugs set the High Speed Needle to 2.5 turns from closed,4 turns is way too rich.Im assuming its broke in already,If not break it in @ 3.25-3.5 turns out,Low speed needle should be flush with case.
I run my MacStar .28's like this and they run flawless and great,opinions will vary throughout every forum.Some people swear by this brand and that brand,i like to see for myself before I say its garbage,I love my MacStar .28 in my Hyper & PBS,add a 13 tooth bell and an ofna 053 pipe and its badass
bpoates25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlined is correct. mine is set just about the same except i set my mid range needle according to nitrohouses thread. for now i wouldnt mess with that just get your high and low set. the mac can be a great mill in my opinion. i also run a 13 tooth instead of the 14 given.

good luck!
another thing temp around250-270 and its great even though that seems hot.never go over 300!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: