FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
macstar stock settings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

1cougar1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: macstar stock settings? Reply with quote

i gt jipped of my manuel when i got my hyper st rtr and i cant figure out the stock settings for the needles. well i got a so called instuctions manuel but all it was was a detialed exploded view of the building process. can anyone give the correct hsn setting, lsn setting , and were to asdjust the idle screw at. ive been asking this question in some of the other forums and the responce i got was the ofna page where you can download manuels, exploded views and wallpaper. well there are only 3 manuels availible and one of them aint the hyper st rr. but they do have an exploded view, but thats useless, truck came w/ 2 exploded views and i dont even need one. so just reply if you have the settings, i dont need the manuel download. thanx, clay unruh
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a MacStar .28 and I just checked my fuel setting,Its at 2.5 turns out,I know it sounds lean But I thoght the same.Ofna offers break in and fuel settings for the Hyper .21 engine with the buggies that have the MacStar .28,the .21 settings wont work on the .28,Its way to rich for the .28 to run.The manual called for a break in setting for 4.5 turns out,my Mac wouldnt attempt to start until I turned it in 1.25 turns.I think the Mac fuel needles arent precise enough,a tiny turn makes a huge diffrence,Anyway i run 2.5 turns from closed,Runs all day at 210 degrees,Smokes blue,lots or torque and power with no stalling at all,runs strong.If it makes a diffrence im also down south in Louisiana,diffrent altitudes call for diffrent settings
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep 2.5 from closed on the high speed and flush on the low speed needle, the carbs are the same on both .21 and .28 engines.
bpoates25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tweek the mid range needle as stated in the above thread. rob explained well and it seems ta make a difference. the mac can run strong tuned correct. im on gallon 8 and still tough. 2.5 and flush or a hair in from flush depending on the exact hour my hsn is set at. mid range is out cant remember how far not much though.
i must state i hated this mill until i got to know and understand what it likes. mine does seem to like a little higher temp. 240 - 260 at the most. runs great.
my dads force engine in his buggy is a fast mill as well. just because the cost are cheap doesnt mean they cant hit the sweet spot and purr.
one day i will have a ninja or some bull. i need to become a better driver first. in my opinion thats what wins not tons of high end costly equipment. its all about the pistol and reflex.
my thoughts!
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a guy race a LX one against MBX's and Hyper 8's,the driver with the stock LX won,Its mostly about driver skill and how much seat time the driver has with his ride,I have a couple buggies,all Ofna and they all drive diffrent from eachother in every way when it comes to handling
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: