FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
9.5 violater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ljrce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: 9.5 violater Reply with quote

hi all i have a 9.5 violator and cant keep clutch shoes in it i can only get a couple tanks of fuel outta them then i gotta change them and anyone know some good carb settings to run on a 26 ofna motor thank you
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 9.5 violater Reply with quote

ljrce wrote:
hi all i have a 9.5 violator and cant keep clutch shoes in it i can only get a couple tanks of fuel outta them then i gotta change them and anyone know some good carb settings to run on a 26 ofna motor thank you

Check/replace your springs
Check/replace your bearings
Check your bell shimming
Is your bell aftermarket? Some are different diameters, it may be too large. causing excessinve clutch slipage.
Check your driveline, something may be binding and which is making the clutch slip more than it needs to.
What kind of shoes are you running?
AnviL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 9.5 violater Reply with quote

ljrce wrote:

Good luck with that Violator...
ljrce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

running Mugen Aluminum Clutch Shoes
OFNA 12-tooth Hardened Clutch Bell w/ Bearings
Mugen 1.0mm Clutch Springs
and dose anyone know carb settings to start off with thank you
and why do ya say good luck with it is there something i should know about it thank you
AnviL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljrce wrote:
and why do ya say good luck with it is there something i should know about it thank you

Find my posts on these forums about the Violator I bought...
bongogocrazy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljrce wrote:

i could get you the presets if you want. i have the exact same buggy. ya its kinda a pain. i read putting an upgraded motor on it is easier to tune. i dropped an axial .28 with 14t clutch bell. its tuned perfect. it stays around 210-240 degrees depending on temp outside and if its about to run out of gas. with full tank around 5pm its about 210. last 3 to 5 minutes less than half tank it runs 230-240.

i say starters, take off the clutch bell. 1 i say put a bigger clutch bell, either 13 or 14t. 2nd see which way the clutch shoes are going. i found out both motors i bought used the clutch shoes were installed backwards. they need to go counter clockwise.

also the clutch springs i believe im using the 1.1mm springs. the bigger the better.

any questions message me. i live in southern california. I am not a pro but I am pretty good with this buggy. already broke a few things on it. i am trying to get some parts so i can fix a few things and upgrade a few motor.

of and fyi. upgrade at least your steering servo. mine broke one day while doing straight aways. you can find real good servos for a good price on ebay. lmk if you need any more help

buy this, i bought this but it only came with the 13t clutch bell this one comes with the 14t which would have been better if i bought this one instead

http://cgi.ebay.com/14T-clutch-assembly-for-MBX5-OFNA-X1CR-CRT-hyper-8-HPI_W0QQitemZ350321469707QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5190c9690b
djs101

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a used 9.5 a couple weeks ago, got some new parts installed today and ran it for the first time. Buggy looked brand new when I bought it, seller said his boy ran it one time and crashed into the stree curb and it's been sitting a year. I replaced the front drive shafts and one turnbuckle. It fired right up and idles good. I made a few laps around the yard and it seems fine except for one thing....when I left off the throttle from a high speed pass it seems to slide the front tires and the engine dies. I checked the brakes and they appear to be loose enough. Can anyone give me an idea where to start looking for problems? Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: