FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Baghdad International Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Favorite Racing & Bashing Spots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

wilsonc1995

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Baghdad International Speedway Reply with quote

Hi my name is Charlie. Im a Solider currently deployed here in Iraq. I was very happy to find that a someone has built an RC track right here at Camp Liberty in Baghdad Iraq . Its called The Baghdad International Speedway. A few events have been held here in the past, with big sponsers as well. I have a Ofna Mutilator that I run, and it does really well against the dust and heat. But there is one problem. Im begining to run out of fuel . A guy who has returned back to the states gave me 4 full bottles of fuel before he left. Now Im down to a bottle 1/2. Any ideas on how to get some more out here would be a great help.
gary goins

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, the way I got fuel while in Iraq was to get it in kwuait but we were a little closer to kwuait then u are, it's almost impossible to have it shipped to u because it is hazardous cargo and a high shipping cost and the military postal service won't even take packages that have that label.
I'm not telling u to have your mom put it in a two litre sprite bottle or anything like that but I did buy a Revo on e-bay and the dummy sent it full of fuel in the tank and the rest of the fuel in the can and it made it thru so...... by th way if u do find a hobby store in kwuait or Iraq, the fuel
will almost cost u 40 to 50$ a gallon, we paid 40$ for a 3 litre bottle.
good luck finding fuel and keep the head down on the MSR
wilsonc1995

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all good now, I had my wife send the fuel to me. The box packaged in a special way and the fuel made it to me with no problems. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Favorite Racing & Bashing Spots All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: