FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Differential gear boxes

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Message
IloveRavager



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Differential gear boxes Reply with quote

Hi, which is the best way to insulate both front and rear gear boxes so to prevent dust or whatelse to enter them and mix with the grease on the bevel gears ? Tnx !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Paradoxmaker



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3573
Location: Keller, Texas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Differential gear boxes Reply with quote

IloveRavager wrote:
Hi, which is the best way to insulate both front and rear gear boxes so to prevent dust or whatelse to enter them and mix with the grease on the bevel gears ? Tnx !


You could use a bead of silicone sealer on the 2 halves and a thin bead of it on the bottom between the case and the chassis.

You could also make a gasket for the bottom of the case with a thin sheet of rubber.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
IloveRavager



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dear Paradoxmaker I have read a lot of good hints and tips you wrote in this nice forum and I will use silicone sealer as you suggested.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Paradoxmaker



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3573
Location: Keller, Texas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IloveRavager wrote:
Thanks dear Paradoxmaker I have read a lot of good hints and tips you wrote in this nice forum and I will use silicone sealer as you suggested.


Thats nice to say, thanks.


I do have to ask, why do you want to seal em up?? From what i've seen on my buggy is that yes i get dust in there but never enough to worry about wear or damage since i clean it after every race and every other bash session or so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
IloveRavager



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Posts: 4
Location: Switzerland

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly, because I will use my Ravager just for fun and bashing on my local Club track which is a bit dusty. I know that this is not absolutely necessary but this could be a good solution to avoid taking apart the gear boxes each time after bashing and to extend the life of the bevel gears. Of course I will completely dismount the car after say abt 4 or 5 sessions.
Even if I will not participate to any races and have not to break track lap records, I am doing the following improvements to my car:
+ 5/7/3k silicone oil into the diffs
+ blue medium hard shock coils
+ Hitec HS-645MG throttle servo
+ Hitec HS-985MG Coreless steering servo
+ Venom fail safe
+ maybe pipe ?
I will probably switch to my Futaba PK3 (the one I use with my Serpent on road 1/8)
In your opinion, which could be the other needful improvements to my Ravager, not meant to go faster but to strenghten the car and furthermore did I made a good choice with this car ?
Thanks again !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Paradoxmaker



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3573
Location: Keller, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IloveRavager wrote:
Mainly, because I will use my Ravager just for fun and bashing on my local Club track which is a bit dusty. I know that this is not absolutely necessary but this could be a good solution to avoid taking apart the gear boxes each time after bashing and to extend the life of the bevel gears. Of course I will completely dismount the car after say abt 4 or 5 sessions.
Even if I will not participate to any races and have not to break track lap records, I am doing the following improvements to my car:
+ 5/7/3k silicone oil into the diffs
+ blue medium hard shock coils
+ Hitec HS-645MG throttle servo
+ Hitec HS-985MG Coreless steering servo
+ Venom fail safe
+ maybe pipe ?
I will probably switch to my Futaba PK3 (the one I use with my Serpent on road 1/8)
In your opinion, which could be the other needful improvements to my Ravager, not meant to go faster but to strenghten the car and furthermore did I made a good choice with this car ?
Thanks again !


The Ravager is a good car and should be great for local racing. of course it's not a Hyper 8/9 or a Jammin X2 but it should hold it's own.

As for what else you can do..

Of course there are the CNC chassis braces that replace the stock plastic ones for extra strength.

Then there is the front knuckles which have been know to strip out. if you search, there are a few fixes. You can get the CNc ravager ones, but i've seen references taht they can strip out also. Or you can convert to the Jammin knuckles which have a differnt way of mounting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MotionMachine999



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 1721
Location: Land of Oz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradoxmaker wrote:
The Ravager is a good car and should be great for local racing. of course it's not a Hyper 8/9 or a Jammin X2 but it should hold it's own.

As for what else you can do..

Of course there are the CNC chassis braces that replace the stock plastic ones for extra strength.

Then there is the front knuckles which have been know to strip out. if you search, there are a few fixes. You can get the CNc ravager ones, but i've seen references taht they can strip out also. Or you can convert to the Jammin knuckles which have a differnt way of mounting.


Dont be listening to that guy, he's a lil wanker. :
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
Paradoxmaker



Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 3573
Location: Keller, Texas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotionMachine999 wrote:
Dont be listening to that guy, he's a lil wanker. :


Tard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MotionMachine999



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 1721
Location: Land of Oz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradoxmaker wrote:
MotionMachine999 wrote:
Dont be listening to that guy, he's a lil wanker. :


Tard


Thats Mr. Tard to you Bee.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
ofna nitro talk back