FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Differential gear boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

IloveRavager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Differential gear boxes Reply with quote

Hi, which is the best way to insulate both front and rear gear boxes so to prevent dust or whatelse to enter them and mix with the grease on the bevel gears ? Tnx !
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Differential gear boxes Reply with quote

IloveRavager wrote:
Hi, which is the best way to insulate both front and rear gear boxes so to prevent dust or whatelse to enter them and mix with the grease on the bevel gears ? Tnx !

You could use a bead of silicone sealer on the 2 halves and a thin bead of it on the bottom between the case and the chassis.

You could also make a gasket for the bottom of the case with a thin sheet of rubber.
IloveRavager

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dear Paradoxmaker I have read a lot of good hints and tips you wrote in this nice forum and I will use silicone sealer as you suggested.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IloveRavager wrote:
Thanks dear Paradoxmaker I have read a lot of good hints and tips you wrote in this nice forum and I will use silicone sealer as you suggested.

Thats nice to say, thanks.

I do have to ask, why do you want to seal em up?? From what i've seen on my buggy is that yes i get dust in there but never enough to worry about wear or damage since i clean it after every race and every other bash session or so...
IloveRavager

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainly, because I will use my Ravager just for fun and bashing on my local Club track which is a bit dusty. I know that this is not absolutely necessary but this could be a good solution to avoid taking apart the gear boxes each time after bashing and to extend the life of the bevel gears. Of course I will completely dismount the car after say abt 4 or 5 sessions.
Even if I will not participate to any races and have not to break track lap records, I am doing the following improvements to my car:
+ 5/7/3k silicone oil into the diffs
+ blue medium hard shock coils
+ Hitec HS-645MG throttle servo
+ Hitec HS-985MG Coreless steering servo
+ Venom fail safe
+ maybe pipe ?
I will probably switch to my Futaba PK3 (the one I use with my Serpent on road 1/8)
In your opinion, which could be the other needful improvements to my Ravager, not meant to go faster but to strenghten the car and furthermore did I made a good choice with this car ?
Thanks again !
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IloveRavager wrote:
Mainly, because I will use my Ravager just for fun and bashing on my local Club track which is a bit dusty. I know that this is not absolutely necessary but this could be a good solution to avoid taking apart the gear boxes each time after bashing and to extend the life of the bevel gears. Of course I will completely dismount the car after say abt 4 or 5 sessions.
Even if I will not participate to any races and have not to break track lap records, I am doing the following improvements to my car:
+ 5/7/3k silicone oil into the diffs
+ blue medium hard shock coils
+ Hitec HS-645MG throttle servo
+ Hitec HS-985MG Coreless steering servo
+ Venom fail safe
+ maybe pipe ?
I will probably switch to my Futaba PK3 (the one I use with my Serpent on road 1/8)
In your opinion, which could be the other needful improvements to my Ravager, not meant to go faster but to strenghten the car and furthermore did I made a good choice with this car ?
Thanks again !

The Ravager is a good car and should be great for local racing. of course it's not a Hyper 8/9 or a Jammin X2 but it should hold it's own.

As for what else you can do..

Of course there are the CNC chassis braces that replace the stock plastic ones for extra strength.

Then there is the front knuckles which have been know to strip out. if you search, there are a few fixes. You can get the CNc ravager ones, but i've seen references taht they can strip out also. Or you can convert to the Jammin knuckles which have a differnt way of mounting.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradoxmaker wrote:
The Ravager is a good car and should be great for local racing. of course it's not a Hyper 8/9 or a Jammin X2 but it should hold it's own.

As for what else you can do..

Of course there are the CNC chassis braces that replace the stock plastic ones for extra strength.

Then there is the front knuckles which have been know to strip out. if you search, there are a few fixes. You can get the CNc ravager ones, but i've seen references taht they can strip out also. Or you can convert to the Jammin knuckles which have a differnt way of mounting.

Dont be listening to that guy, he's a lil wanker. :
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotionMachine999 wrote:

Tard
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradoxmaker wrote:
MotionMachine999 wrote:

Tard

Thats Mr. Tard to you Bee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: