FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
X1 crt gearing Q *swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

686stubby

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: X1 crt gearing Q *swap Reply with quote

I have X1 CRT that I put a 48T spur in from a X1. This is a brushless conv project. I'm geared way high now swapping out the pizza cutter CRT spur so I have to comp for it in the diffs. Even running a 9T pinion (smallest out there) on the motor it still has me geared to high at 60mph. Seeing as the Hyper ST Pro has the 52T spider I was thinking of just tossing Hyper ST diffs in it to bring be back "closer" to stock X1crt gearing.

Am I thinking right ? LOL
mechanic77

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did on my jammin x1crt is just put the hot bodies ring and pinions in it (they are 43t and 10t giving a 4.3:1 ratio). They are almost a drop in swap, you might have to grind some off of the ends of the pinions where the center driveshafts go on. Also if you find complete hot bodies diffs, they will drop right in.
Saltpeterexitwound

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to drive
edubrc

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my CRT X1 e-conversion done. I left the spur stock 62T paired with a 12T pinion. i am running a KD 9XL (looks like Fegio 9XL) + heatsinks/fan and a MMM esc, 5s 25c 5000. It will do well over 40mph, and motor is 160F mid way through the pack on street and grass. Esc is set to lowest timing, 80% punch. I used 3s to bash/practice and it is about 35mph, no heat issues at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: