FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
setup- what do you think of this one?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval
View previous topic :: View next topic  

racerjmh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: setup- what do you think of this one? Reply with quote

I got this from a local site. It was what Jeff Harper was doing with his Ofna before the Losi.

I ran my GTP with 500k in the front,10k in the rear, all the caster I could get (all shims in the front), no turns on the droop screws (full extension), outer holes on the towers, inner holes on the arms, front upper arm in the lower holes, stock center solid diff and stock gearing (16 tooth bell). I ran the stock rear sway bar and no front sway bar. I ran the stock springs with 50wt oil. I ran the front with just enough preload to hold the front arms near level and then ran just enough preload in the rear to set the ride height where I wanted it…….more preload = more rear ride height = more steering and less preload = less ride height = less steering. I also ran my car with the toe adjustable rear end kit which is a very cool item for the GTP but they seam to work just fine without them. I ran this setup on the big and small Tulsa track, the Chili Bowl race and Joplin and the car was very easy to drive and pretty fast as well.

Whadda ya think?

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Dirt Oval All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: