FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
best set up i have had
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee one question about your set up .i noticed in one of your pics that your rear sway bar is shorter,did you cut it down or use a hyper 7 part.when i assembled my kit hobaos set up for sway bar was way off.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i know what you mean the sway bar sticks wey forward .....to bloody long i just set those links straight up from the sway bar to the lower arm and then cut off the excess as i run mudguards on the rear arms they just seem to get in the way.....i think the rear sway bar is 2.8mm wide .....that is through memory ....might be wrong on that as i think the front is 2.5mm
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i wanted to cut mine,i first mounted towards the end like set up sheet recommended and it handled like i had 100wt. shock oil in the rear. a friend at the track set it up the way you have,mounts strait up.know it jumps awesome im going to cut them down know like you did, thanks.
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dark bee have you ran the spider diff,i know you run something different know, I'm running7/5/3 with spider diff in center thinking about going to 10/7/3 not sure, i always have ran rc10gt
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well my car was never a kit .....i bought mine from bits off ebay ....as i use to race a hyper 7 so i used a few bits off that what i had left over and got everything that i needed for about 100 quid off ebay and just built the car up how i wanted it .....but now ive done alot more changes to it ......as for spider diffs i have used spider diffs and i think they are overated!!!!!.....i really dont like them .....they are to heavy and a bugger to seal .....they allways leak i like a kyosho centre diff just as strong and alot lighter and dont have those annoying rubber seals that are virtually impossible to seal .....they have one gasket which is alot better as they dont seem to leak .....i run my diffs 10 front/10 centre/5 rear.....handles really well .....gets the power down perfectly and doesnt spin the front end as alot of hypers do under power......all the grunt gets distributed perfectly for my driving .....but everyone is different .....the way they drive
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee thanks for the info.i like the fact you built your truck up starting off with your hyper 7 ,i was thinking about buying a hyper 7,i know there out dated but i like the truggy a lot and its cool how a lot of parts from different manufactures will work on hypers.FRANKEN TRUGGY
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i must admit ive got a losi truggy and i like my st more as when you see the top off the losi everyone knows what they look like but when im at a track and other hyper st racers have a nose they are pretty shocked when looking at mine as to see how far you can go with them ....really the car didnt cost me anything if i have to tell the truth as i sold my buggy and what i got from that i built the st sort of phase 1 version with some of the spare parts from the hyper 7 and its sort of developed from there .....so i worked it out a few weeks ago and what the car has cost me to date is less than a pro kit would have cost....but i already had the engine and electrics but you cant count those......
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee if you do not mind me asking what did you use from your 7.I'm thinking only the gear boxes and diffs,maybe the steering and hubs. i was thinking of using hyper 7 chassis because it is lighter but I'm not sure if it would work,it must be shorter then the st chassis.I'm not thinking of this know because your idea of using the rc8 braces plus my graphite shock towers will strip off plenty of weight.next is titanium turnbuckles,i love titanium i have a rc10gt with titanium chassis that my 6 year old son drives know. i also came up with a idea of using hyper 7 front top graphite plate,but I'm thinking i will need top pins and top pin carrier plus the top a arms and jest use longer upper turnbuckles this would get rid of big cast piece and save some more weight ,not sure about geometry need the parts or a hyper7 to mock up.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think i used much but i used the diff casings ....suspension pins.....some steering parts .....hubs.....and rear wing bracket ......as for the chassis on the hyper 7 its wey shorter than the st.....i did try a carbon steering top plate from a 7 instead of that huge metal one but it wont work as the top arms are alot bigger so the metal plate has to be there to hold the inner hinge pins .....trust me ive gone over the complete car to try to loose more weight off it and i cant see anymore i can loose .....apart from the shock towers(which i will do very soon)...the hyper 7 crownwheels on the diffs are alot smaller than the st ones.....the diffs are the same just different size crownwheels

Last edited by darkbee on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee good info what if you use top arms from the 7 also.then they will fit top plate and mount. add longer turn buckles because the top 7 arms are shorter then st. any how check out my sons gt he calls it lightning gt after lightning mcqueen ha ha l.o.l.........................................
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice car ......looks damm smart ......looks like you spent many an hour making that look blingy.....
as for the the top arms ....you could use hyper 7 arms but they aint going to be as strong as the st ones .....i really wouldnt bother sodding about with the top arms as it could throw all your steering and suspension angles out ....i know you can set them up on a hudy set up guage but i really dont think it will handle as well (thats what i recon)
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok you like abit of bling check this out i will send you a pm of my bike before and after i painted it ......done it in black with green flake ....looks kinda weird in the sun......lol
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee your bike looks sick nice job. i own a auto body shop for a living.grew up painting,farther owned shop for 40 years.that must be why i have attention to detail.you must know all bling on my cars are for performance,performance before bling,i could of added metal a arms and so on ,but i know better.i agree with the front end parts they probably would change all the geometry. I'm jest going to change braces to rc8with my shock towers that will make truggy light enough for me .plus the braces should add some flex for the slippery clay tracks we have.would much prefer running on nice dark farm loom like you and your mates have,brings the fun factor up,more traction and it looks really cool when you hit the loose stuff and roost it up.
darkbee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my local track i usually race at is clay surface .....bugger for drainage as the clay seems to hold the water more .....but most tracks over here are dirt and we have alot of astroturf tracks ......they are good as you can run on them anytime of the year and they dry out really quick ......and yes you guest it i also work in a bodyshop....lol...but yeah the bike is no way standard before the paint job was done the engine was bored and lightened crank ,rods ....different pistons ,big valve ported and polished head,race exhaust,cams.....etc etc ....so after that was done i thought well sod it go for a weird paint job......but im like you .....i like the thing to perform well and the looks come second
motodog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkbee one last thing i have had the gt for 16 years know so yes many hrs. working on it.thanks for taking the time and talking with me you sound like you know what your talking about.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: