FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
my car (56k be warned!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Buggin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow now I realize what those wires are for, I can't believe I didn't see it last night! Paradoxmaker is very correct about the placement of the battery, if you can't mod a different box in there then maybe consider buying a hump pack that will fit. I do know when I had to stuff everything in there it was very very tight but do-able.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you mount the T-Maxx battery Box, atop the existing? That would raise your center of gravity. I'd put the battery inside the stock radio box if at all possible. Why wont it fit in there, isn't that where everyone else puts 'em?
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no id replace the stock battery box with a tmaxx box. i dont know why but my receiver and battery do not fit together in the box.
Jonathan B.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what receiver is it that you have??
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
no id replace the stock battery box with a tmaxx box. i dont know why but my receiver and battery do not fit together in the box.

The T-Maxx uses 2 seperate box's for the electronics, one for the radio RX and one for the batts. Not sure if you'll have room to mount both???

What all and type of radio equipment do you have? And are you trying to cram a fail safe in the RB as well?
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well currently i only have stock radio gear from a tmaxx, because i fried my RS300 receiver (tried to jump charge 2 packs with no switch, went up in flames) anyhow i over came that problem i am working on sealing up the radio box now. i took the bulky plastic case off of the receiver and used some ESC heat shrink to seal it up. now it all fits.
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a side note is an O.S. LC4 medium the right plug i should be using with 20% Odonnels race fuel?
Buggin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
on a side note is an O.S. LC4 medium the right plug i should be using with 20% Odonnels race fuel?

Some will argue the point but an OS plug is for an OS engine.....period.
Use the MC8(medium), for hot weather use the MC9(cold) or if you decide to run in the winter you may need to run the MC59(hot).
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought plug type was related to fuel percentage? in the past all i have ran was McCoy plugs but mu lhs told me i need this plug because it was longer.. i am a noob to force engines.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
i thought plug type was related to fuel percentage? in the past all i have ran was McCoy plugs but mu lhs told me i need this plug because it was longer.. i am a noob to force engines.

Hey ETRNL2,

The OS LC4 is a "long reach" plug that would be suitable in the Force engine ..... From OS:

"The LC4's longer reach extends coil farther into the engine's combustion chamber improving combustion for better idling and good acceleration throughout the throttle range"
"Medium heat range for fuels with 10%-20% nitro content"

The Force engine uses a standard "long reach" plug.

BTW, the OS LC4 is the same length as the McCoy MC8, 9, and 59.
Buggin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:

I suppose my stand on OS is a bit slanted because I do not like their product but as triplebvalp has pointed out, OS has come out with new product to match up to other products better. I guess I am a bit set in my ways and use what works and always has for me, the McCoy line of plugs.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Buggin,

I always use McCoy plugs ..... great plugs However, I was just pointing out that the OS LC4 is the same length as any standard "long reach" plug.

So, I don't "think" that ETRNL2's LHS is the "brightest light bulb in the pack".
ETRNL2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont want to dog my lhs i have only been there once and the have a good selection. they are RC Power speedway in Springfield, LA. on another note a friend of mine told me to use 2 plug washers to improve performance, he also said to remove a head shim ( i currently have 2) is he trying to get me to blow my engine so he can beat me or is does his theory hold any weight?
Buggin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ETRNL2 wrote:
well i dont want to dog my lhs i have only been there once and the have a good selection. they are RC Power speedway in Springfield, LA. on another note a friend of mine told me to use 2 plug washers to improve performance, he also said to remove a head shim ( i currently have 2) is he trying to get me to blow my engine so he can beat me or is does his theory hold any weight?

Add a glow shim to decrease compression then remove a head shim to increase compression..................STAY AWAY from your friends advice. Always use just 1 glow plug washer and leave your head shims alone unless you jump up to 30% and see detonation. The Force .26 loves either 20 or 30% fuel, I found mine to run best with 30% and a MC9 plug untill it got cold out then I would jump up to a MC8. Also for whatever reason the tune seem to be a little more testy on 30%. Fuels have alot to do with how your engine will run, in my area Triny fuels are readily available and seem to run consistantly well.
Buggin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36
http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5279
The first link is the basic set up for your engine, which is a rich setting and may need to be leaned a little bit to get you up and running. The second link is the Ron Paris tunning guide, it is an excellent read. Hope it helps some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: