FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 9 results
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

H8

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First club day for the year on the grass track today. It was run as a 'Rounds' event - race 6 rounds, drop your worst two (combined laps).

I ws in Buggy B (probably should have been in A, oh well), and won 5 of my 6 races. Only lost the one I didn't win by 0.4 seconds.
Overall standings I finished 3rd overall (out of 31 starters), and also had 3rd quickest lap of the day, and 4th best race result for the day.

My team mate for the day Sean, driving his Hyper 9 for the first time, finished 4th overall, with 4th fastest lap overall.

I know I can make this buggy go quicker, it was only 75% setup today. Diff oils were too heavy, and in the last two races I didn't notice that the grub screw had come out of the front brake collar, so it was only braking from the rear! I thought I was getting some sort of brake fade because of the humidity today... lol!!

Love driving it, I wish I could be sitting inside it!

Full results here, and click on 'Index' at the top of the page for race by race results:
Race Results - Radio Rally Club WA
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job H8, I've never ran on grass it must have alot of bite when you go into a corner so you got to slow your roll into the corner to keep from traction rolling.
H8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grass racing is awesome, fast and furious! And the bonus is, your car goes home reasonably clean!
The grass we race on is very short on a sandy soil. It takes take a different tehnique and setup than for clay, but traction rolling isn't too much of an issue. The truggy I tend to drift around the corners, but the buggy is more 'slam the brakes on' leading up to the approach, and a small squirt of power through the corner.
Love clay racing, but our grass meetings are just so much fun, we get a regular 50 - 60 drivers turning up every fortnight. Check out the pics on our website gallery - www.radiorally.org.au - none of the mighty Hyper 9 yet though, as its usually me behind the camera...
Felipe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qual 2nd in the A-main finish 2nd 1 sec. begin 1st place losy,I chase him down got in front and on the last turn I roll over on the pipe.I want to thank's Joey Powell for the diff set up this car roll the corners so fast and on control is crazy,never had a car the fills the way this car fills .Is going to be a good year.
boof

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys what a car i run it pretty much standard out of the box
except 4 drilling out the shock pistons and running 35 in the front and 37 in the rear.
I qualified 3rd for the b final 20 min race and after the first 3 corners had the lead and never looked back i won by 25 odd seconds but should have been more as i stuffed up on the 2nd last lap
this is the 1st win i have ever had in 3 seasons of racing
i owe it to this great car it does every thing i ask of it Cant wait to get into the diffs this week to see what else i can get out of it
counterman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I qualified 2nd in Pro Buggy and Pro Truggy last weekend and my son Seth TQed the intermediate Buggy class with his Hyper 9. Both of us were doing well in the race, when I broke a upper link on my Truggy while running in 2nd place a lap up on 3rd and Buggy I was fighting for 2nd when my 9100s went south!!! Seth was in third closing on second when a off track excursion broke the lower and upper arm. (2" steel pipe cemented in the ground) If it wern't for bad luck we wouldn't have any at all.

The track was damp and dusty. We ran 5/5/2 with 35f and 32.5r .
front sway bar 2.3 and rear 2.5 ride hieght just above level to help with side bite.
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Counterman and son, "DARN PIPE"
Felipe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

counterman,wish sway bars are you running?I'm running the ones out my H8.5.
counterman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the spare 2.3 sway from my8.5 and removed the front 2.5 from my 8.5 and used it on the back of my Hyper 9

The 2.3 I put in the front I had to cut 10mm off each side. Becarefull to cut the same amount off of each side.
BrianB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay here was the qualify order for the 2009 Buggy Bailout stimulus cashrace. The race was held just outside Indianapolis at HCRC Raceway. [/img]
[/img] Sorry that ones a little blurry
Qualifying was pretty tight, I had a shot to qual a few positions higher, bq or even low A, but I traction rolled it in the last round with 30sec to go. I ended up 7th in the Bmain
Heartbreaker!!!! i was .3 secs from the transfer spot to the A final
some pretty fast guys came out to win some cash for this one!!
the track was highbite this weekend after the fresh rebuild and a little choppy in spots, thats not my car in the pic, but the h9 ate up those pvc pipes and said give me more!! I ended up finishing 13th out of 62, pretty happy but also disappointed i didnt bump to the A, but the car is awesome it was driver error!!!
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about getting to the a-main, you'll get there soon enough, but that's a good run to be in the B-main out 60 some odd guys.
H8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our club had it's first trophy day for the year today. Out of 32 buggies, I qualified 8th, and then finished 4th in the A final - my best result in buggies for a long time!
Results
Casketman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at those HCRC results. Good amount of St.Louis guys and Leisure hour guys there. I know about half those people on those sheets like Jimbo,Gosch,GQ Johnny,Al Richards,Chad Brosseau(Fastlane graphix),Tony Ohboy and Kid Dynomite,and so on.

That had to be some good racing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BrianB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, there was some real good racing! That was a brand new layout for that race. They are having another cash race in March, with a new layout, if you can make it out. Check out their web page hcrcracing.com for the exact date. I ran pink tapers with aka medium foam, they were dialed. Thats what most ran in the a also, although i know of at least one that ran panther tires.

The track was less highbite this week due to it being dryer from not being watered all week. Next week I suspect that there will be more of a fuel groove start to form on the line. Its already ran in well, if they dont water this week thats what will happen! :)

Here are the results from this weeks race there, another heartbreaker!! I Tq'd 17 7:05.608
Ill be tryin my hardest to seal the deal next week!!!!! oh well still a podium
Casketman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to race against Frank?? Im sorry for you! HAHA Hes a good guy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: