FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Flywheel Hits brake disc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Chris_Pat05

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Flywheel Hits brake disc Reply with quote

Hi, I just bought a 9.5 buggy and I am installing an OS RG.21 engine and my flywheel hit the brake disc. i have the motor as far back as it can go. Do yall have this problem!!
socalbash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ... the dual disc brake calipers are no bueno on the 9.5's

You'll want to switch to single disk brake system. The one on the Jammin CRT and Mutilator is a good low cost alternative

Like this:

bigwill5686

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? i have never had a problem out of my 9.5 and i run dual disks in the rear
socalbash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run the buggy on dirt and do jumps the chassis will flex with the stock plastic center braces and rub the bell - stall the engine sometimes.

Very little clearance unless you are running a special Clutchbell.

Onroad 9.5?
bigwill5686

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o, no i race off road, but i do not have the plastic braces so maybe thats why it does not bother mine, but it is fairly close though
aggie9.5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone I have question about the 9.5 and x1cr. Can all the parts for CR fit on the 9.5 like the brace and fuel tank. I have a 9.5 and would like to race it off road and was wondering about problems like the chassis flex and can this be fixed with CR parts!
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No parts from the Jammin car will not fit the 9.5,gearboxes,chassis and suspension do not fit.
aggie9.5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO that's a no on the chassis brace. Did the 9.5 pro come with a metal chassis brace or a graphite piece. Just looking to stop the flex.
lscrisp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socalbash wrote:
Yes ... the dual disc brake calipers are no bueno on the 9.5's

You'll want to switch to single disk brake system. The one on the Jammin CRT and Mutilator is a good low cost alternative

Like this:

What is involved in the switch to this setup? Is it just a matter of getting the parts from a Mutilator and installing them, or is there some modification that will need to be done?

The brakes on my Violator seem to drag and I've had them apart and cleaned them, but they seem to not be working so great. And, if they get even a tiny bit wet, it's a crapshoot as to whether the fronts or the backs will be the first to give out.
AnviL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK wow, didn't even see this post here at first. I made a post in the general discussion about this yesterday. My stock RTR Violator has the same problem. The brake disc is so close to the flywheel that it rubbed and cut into it. I readjusted the slide mount for the engine pushing it back as far as it will go but keeping the correct spot for the clutch bell gear and tranny gear to line up and it still is very close, slightly pressing on the brake disc and it rubs. I'm just wondering if that brake setup is no good for this car why would Ofna sell it with it in? Aside from cutting into the flywheel it bent that brake disc and I had to buy new ones. What is the final solution here? Below is my original post.

http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11185
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: