FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Titan Twin Throttle linkage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Titan Twin Throttle linkage Reply with quote

I found that with the double linkage used as standard that the carbs opened at slightly different rates, so i used a 3mm turn buckle to link the two carbs and a single rod from the servo to the turnbuckle the carbs now open at exactly the same rate and the revs of both motors stay near enough the same
socalbash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hrm .....

I think I like it!
ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I set the idle gap on 1st motor using a 1mm drill as a gauge then i undo the idle stop screw on no 2 motor one turn and use the turnbuckle to set the gap on that motor using the drill gauge, when both are set i make sure that the no 2 motor idle screw is still not contacting the throttle barrel so that you just need to adjust the no 1 idle screw to open or close both carbs an equal amount. for fine tuning when the motors are running i use a digital tach and a temp gun, it is suprising how close you can get the motors matched for rpm and temp. the only problem is you cant check the rpm at WOT. i check at idle then set throttle trim to about 15-20% and check it again. after the initial set up i have not had to alter the turnbuckle at all. the ball cups are still new and tight so there is no slop in the system at all.i am very pleased with the system. I also make sure that both tanks have aprox the same amount of fuel in them,i think it would be better to run on one large fuel tank with a Y conector in the line to feed both motors and eliminate any problems due to pressure differances. ITS ABOUT TIME OFNA RESURRECTED THE TWIN ITS SUCH A FUN VEHICLE AND SO HOP- UPABLE AND IS ALWAYS THE TALKING POINT WHERE EVER IT TAKE IT.
socalbash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yupppers ...

When the twin fires up - most all other rc's cease operation.

I like the setup.

Whats the connector from the throttle servo arm to the turnbuckle on the carbs - what part did you use to make the connection?
ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a standard screwed collar and drilled it out to 3mm . then i drilled and tapped a hole 2-56 right opposite the set screw and screwed in ball stud , i put the collar on to the turnbuckle then screwed the ball cup on to the turnbuckle. in hindsight i should have drilled the 2-56 hole at 90 degrees to the set screw because at the moment the set screw points downwards and you have to loosen it to turn the turnbuckle. I thought about not using the set screw but putting a spring behind the collar to hold it up against the ball cup on the turnbuckle so it could still turn but am not sure if it will work but as i said i have not had to adjust the the turnbuckle since setup. i will try to post some clearer pics to show complete assembly
ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems i did drill a hole at 90 degrees, should have used it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: