FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
pbs or c-hub conversion. which one is better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

discgolferlee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: pbs or c-hub conversion. which one is better Reply with quote

which should I get for my mutilator? I was going to get pbs but then I heard people saying the pillow ball studs pull out of the arms easily. I also read nitrohouse has a c-hub conversion as well. Both conversion kits cost about 68 bucks from nitrohouse. So which should I get and why. any help appreciated. thanks.
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40144 conversion kit worked for me and I like driving my Mutilator now.Combo that with 16mm big bore shocks and you got a good ride blue springs to go with that shake
socalbash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFNA Twin Titan PBS conversion - nice n wide. My latest Muti project.

socalbash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: pbs or c-hub conversion. which one is better Reply with quote

discgolferlee wrote:
which should I get for my mutilator? I was going to get pbs but then I heard people saying the pillow ball studs pull out of the arms easily. I also read nitrohouse has a c-hub conversion as well. Both conversion kits cost about 68 bucks from nitrohouse. So which should I get and why. any help appreciated. thanks.

Ive run the pbs from ofna on a multitude of their vehicles - my tin titan is a 12+ pound truck and Ive beat the snot out of it - never seen a pivot ball pull out from the front or rear knucks. Have snapped a front knuckle once. Rare though. We beat these things pretty hard man. PBS is tuff.

I like the weight savings of the c-hub.

Id like ot see DJ's Jammin CRT conversion setup.
jaz240

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be advised that while PBS has many wonderful aspects and advantages, it also requires constant maintenance. Pivot balls and the housings, and the end caps need to be regularly disassembled, cleaned, polished, and lubed for you to get the most out of them, also be careful threading the Nuts into the plastic housings of the Pivot Knuckles, as they will miss thread easily. Also you need to pay attention to how far you screw down the Knuckle nuts, too far and you get binding, too little and they will interfere with your wheels. I had enough with Pivot balls, and was very happy to be rid of them.
socalbash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaz240 ... wow ...

I really dont find all that much drama in running a pbs car.

Quote:
Also you need to pay attention to how far you screw down the Knuckle nuts, too far and you get binding, too little and they will interfere with your wheels.

that part is really minor effort.
jaz240

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socalbash wrote:
Jaz240 ... wow ...

I really dont find all that much drama in running a pbs car.

Quote:
Also you need to pay attention to how far you screw down the Knuckle nuts, too far and you get binding, too little and they will interfere with your wheels.

that part is really minor effort.

Which vehicle did you run em on. The hyper 7 PBS set up is wide open on the backside, front. I had to clean em, after every race, they just loaded up with dirt on me, and i could here the dirt crunching when I turned the wheels. If I neglected them, I definitely lost turning radius and speed, so I stayed on top of it. all part of the game, but I'm just happy my new C-hubs need that much less attention. Maybe some other vehicles have some sort of boot on the backside to keep the dirt out, but not the H7
H8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my PBS Hyper 7, I used to use mountain bike teflon-based lube on the balls at the start of the day. Seemed to last all day because not being sticky, it doesn't attract any gunk. PBS is good because it gives more all round movement, but does require more maintenance than C-hubs in a racing environment.
jaz240

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am by no means bashing PBS. I loved it also, I was just letting discgolfer know that it requires more attention than standard C-hub. Some people don't like the cleaning and maintenance that come with this hobby. Some people love taking their unidentifiable pile of dirt, and polishings it back up to a brand new looking Ride. If discgolfer is not into the cleaning and lubing, and disassembling part of the hobby, he might want to stick with the C-hubs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: