FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
The beast goes under the knife - rebuild time!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

socalbash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: The beast goes under the knife - rebuild time! Reply with quote

Two Stroked

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO whats goin on here...? upgrades for more power...
socalbash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power was fine - too much actually.

It was time to redo the diffs ... it was just too friggen dirty for me as well.

The main impetus for this -is that the Hong Nor CVD's are just simply not capable to allow enjoyment of this vehicle. I need to find another CVA bone or CVD altogether that will last more than 5 minutes, and isnt made of mystery metal floor shavings ... we need real METAL CVD's

Changes planned:

ixnay the 8 shock system
Alternative suspension arms - front/rear - upper lower
Losi LST2 Shocks - 4 vs. 8 OFNA
Another manufacturers CVD's - depending on what Arms and suspension I can get to work. Thinking Hyper ST truggy arms and customization or Mugen MBX5T. Last resort - Jammin X2 CRT stuff.

Then the other issue is I need a different roto start alternative and engines that support it. I was snapping one ways and ruining pullstarts on these picco .27 like a fat kid to cupcakes. OFNA never fixed the weak 1 way bearing in these - to my knowledge - and ... no mas parts for these mills really.

Thinking twin LRP Spec 3 .28 with the LOSI roto start system. Run em phat and tone down the power madness.

I also want to find some nice pipe header combo's - no more pipe and coupler that comes apart all the time! Perhaps a good pipe designed for the Salvage [useable on both sides of the twin]

There ya have it!
SPARDA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socalbash,
I started to take my single engine Titan (former twin) apart about 2 months ago after 3 years of collecting dust. I actually modified the suspension and fitted the HPI SAVAGE big bore shocks (with aluminum caps from the hellfire shocks). I will post some pictures up soon

SPARDA
socalbash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool man please do Id love to see em!
Two Stroked

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have been neglecting my twin,, its dirty as hell...... I been wanting to eliminate four shocks and lighten the the truck... really want to find a way to mount the shock to the lower arm and use a short tower so I can lower the body all the way down....Man... maybe just get a hyper truggy and add another engine...I just cant drive without two engines screaming.......
SPARDA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: here she is Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of my Titan that I just finished rebuilding.

These are the parts I used (got everything from tower hobbies)

[/img]

Pro-Line 40 Series Wabash Wheels 17mm Hex White. Part number 2691-04 (no wheel extensions needed).
Pro-Line Dirt Hawg 40 Series Tires. Part number 1112-00
HPI Savage Big Bore shocks. Part number A720
On the shocks I replaced the plastic caps with HPI hellfire aluminum caps ( part number 86542), and the springs with HPI Shock stiff Springs (part number 86555).
The shock mounts are HPI Hellfire Shock Mount (part number 86545)

I used a 50/50 mix of 80wt and 60 wt silicon oil for the shocks, because I was a little short of the 80 and did not feel like waiting to get more. The suspension feels great, and absorbs the bumps and small jumps without a problem. The wheels work excellent. I was climbing 7-8 in curbs without a problem. That was my first run with this new suspension. I noticed that my wheels need better alignment, which I intend to do this week, and test this baby on some bigger jumps to test it out further.

Also, you will notice the heavy duty dog bone in the back. That is something I did 3 years ago. I found some guy on the net that custom made them for me. I never had any issues with the front, so I left those alone. Another upgrade I did a few years ago, was replacing the plastic diff cases with an aluminum ones, and the diff gears with Ofna Heavy Duty Steel Gear Set (49001)

These mods, definitely made my truck lighter. But keep in mind that I am running only one engine. Not sure how the HPI shocks would handle the weight of two engines.

Now my Titan is finally back after 3 years of hibernation
ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking truck. Where did you get the aluminium front PBS steering knuckles, i have been lookin for ages but cant find any.
GENERAL QUESTION
Does anyone have for sale a pair of the aluminium bumper/skid plates from DUH engineering for the titan twin must be good condition
thanks
SPARDA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ofna- canadian wrote:
Nice looking truck. Where did you get the aluminium front PBS steering knuckles, i have been lookin for ages but cant find any.

Thanks

I bought those and the aluminum arm mounts (for the exception of the ti DUH bracket) from a Hong Kong or Taiwan website. I remember finding it by searching for Hong Nor hop up parts. Unfortunately that was about 4 years ago and I have not been able to track them down anymore. Don't know if it will help your search by at the time the were actually listed as a hop up for the Hong Nor Ultra MBX
ofna- canadian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, guess i got a few hours on the internet tonight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: